Undercarriage

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dan Neave

Undercarriage

Post by Dan Neave »

Hi Steelers,

Hope your well.
I’m working to update my knowledge of the mechanics of my ZB and undercarriage and wondering if anyone can send me a pic of an all pull undercarriage. I can’t find much on the internet image wise for all pull pedal steels and definitely won’t find anyone in my country Australia who can supply some images. I’m just trying to mainly wrap my head around how they look differently and if you have the time a bit of knowledge shared on the main playing and sound differences of the push pull- pull pedal steels would be very much appreciated.
I’ve just started playing some gigs on pedal steel and want to up date my knowledge on the pedal steels overall mechanics at the same time.

Kind Regards,

Dan
Last edited by Dan Neave on 24 Sep 2022 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Pitman

Post by Jim Pitman »

Check this out.
Somewhere on the web is an animated version that shows the motion of a raise and a lower. Perhaps someone will chime in with that link.

http://steelguitar.com/maps/changer.html
Jim Pitman

Post by Jim Pitman »

Oh that link does have the animation I speak of under "Riveted Raise Finger"
Pete Finney

Post by Pete Finney »

For "undercarriage" photos I would just go to the "For Sale: Steel Guitars" section of this forum. Almost all the pedal-steels listed have photos of the mechanics and most of them are all-pulls, with the occasional push-pull or pull-release.
Ron Pruter

Post by Ron Pruter »

If only old ZB's worked like that animation. :\ RP
Emmons SKH Le Grande, '73 P/J bass, Tick tack bass, Regal high strung, and a Coral Sitar, USA Nashville 112.
Ian Worley

Re: Undercarriage

Post by Ian Worley »

Dan Neave wrote:...I can’t find much on the internet image wise for all pull pedal steels...
Try this: https://www.google.com/search?q=underca ... =isch&sa=X
All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest - Paul Simon