Clip on Side tables

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Arthur Doyle

Clip on Side tables

Post by Arthur Doyle »

Hey fellas, hope all is well on your end of town.
I recently started messing around with a side table design and I'm really liking it. Wondering if you guys would be interested in them. I'm open to design modifications and I've got pretty much any species of wood you can think of. Let me know what ya think!
Brian Lenherr

Wow!

Post by Brian Lenherr »

Wow Arthur! That looks great! I’d definitely be interested in one of those!!
Sho-Bud Pro-I - Carter S-10 - GFI S-10PU
Peavey Vegas 400 - Evans SE300
Gene Tani

I'd love to have one of those, with one mod

Post by Gene Tani »

Beautiful, put me in line to order one (contingent upon I can afford it, of course...) Maybe with more countersunk circles to hold small accessories.
- keyless Sonny Jenkins laps stay in tune forever!; Carter PSG
- The secret sauce: polyester sweatpants to buff your picks, cheapo Presonus channel strip for preamp/EQ/compress/limiter, Diet Mountain Dew
dlayne

Table

Post by dlayne »

Yep I would like one myself
Dan Layne
Jim Kaznosky

Post by Jim Kaznosky »

Yes please. Let me know where I can sign up.
Ray DeVoe

shelf

Post by Ray DeVoe »

Just a thought Arthur

That looks like a real nice shelf that you are building. The clamp appears to be fairly strong.
As to your original design pictured above, a suggestion might be to use a "deeper" recessed cup holder of some type. I could just picture a drink of some type falling over and making a mess of things.

As a second option, have you thought about the possibility of making a smaller basic wood or aluminum shelf in which you could velcro or fasten just an effect unit or two, right to the steel leg.

I currently use a couple of makeshift shelves with Atlantic Nux delay/reverb units on them for some of my setups. Mine work ok but the clamp mechanisms could be better.

Just thinking out loud
Ray D
Zum SD 10 Hybrid, Zum D 10 Hybrid, Emmons SD 10 P.P.
SMS: Revelation & Classic Preamps: Furlong 12" & 15" Splits.
Telonics 500 C: Quilter-T.T.12": Fender T.M. Twin
Arthur Doyle

Post by Arthur Doyle »

Thanks for all the responses! I originally intended on the recessed areas to be a bit deeper, but I had an issue prototyping and had to flatten the workpiece and start over. It was too big a chunk of cherry to just scrap. So I made a sacrifice.

The hardware is very sturdy, machined out of billet aluminum and anodized. Originally used as a high end camera mount.

I am going to be on the road for the next two weeks and then I'll get back in the shop and start making some different versions for different price point and post them.

Thanks so much for the feedback!
Roy McKinney

Post by Roy McKinney »

it would be nice if it only held a tuner and 1 effect pedal.
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Very nice an handy!!!
Bob Sigafoos

Post by Bob Sigafoos »

I'd be interested in buying this type of table/shelf
clip on thingie if offered for sale! Any ideas for a table that spans from front right to back right legs?
Keith Bolog

cavities

Post by Keith Bolog »

Perhaps an extra step to taper the sides of the bar & picks cavities, to accommodate my fat arthritic fingers. cheers
Say what you mean. Mean what you say.
Arthur Doyle

Post by Arthur Doyle »

Thanks again fellas! I've gotten quite a bit of feedback and I'm loving it. As far as different models I think I'll size one for a strobostomp and caverns style pedal. One with the drink/picks/bar/phone. Also, if you'd like a different configuration don't hesitate to message me with withe your required dimensions.

As for price and turnaround time I'm thinking I'd like to be around the $100.00 price point. That way I can use high end materials and hardware.
Like I said previously I'll be on the road until the 26th. I'll get back in the shop as soon as I get back.

Shane Doyle.
Gary Lloyd

table

Post by Gary Lloyd »

I would one for 2 boss padels. wood is what ever
you have.javascript:emoticon(':)')thanks
Ron Forrest

Post by Ron Forrest »

This looks awesome! maybe offer one without the drink holder and extra room on the right side.
Bob Watson

Post by Bob Watson »

That's a great idea! I would definitely consider getting one. Keep us posted!
Andrew Danner

Post by Andrew Danner »

Sending you a PM
Arthur Doyle

Post by Arthur Doyle »

Hey everyone. I'm just now getting settled in after 2 weeks on the road. I'll get back to it tomorrow. Let me know what yall would like specifically and I can do that. Until then I'll make a few different models this weekend and post as they're finished. That's again!