Age releases the convention performances

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Peter Dollard

Age releases the convention performances

Post by Peter Dollard »

I remember like 15 years ago and asking if they would ever release any of the performances at the ISGC. I was told they could never get clearances from each performer. My question is did it just happen by itself? or are people feeling more generous about releasing their perfomances.... I love it but do not understand the sudden appearance of many of these tracks.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

I believe what you are seeing is Bill Fergusons posts that are his personal recordings. He obtained the authority to make them available by the artist or after their passing the family. I am more than grateful to see these again. Bill ran the sound for Peavey for many years.
Mitch Ellis

Post by Mitch Ellis »

Where do I look to see these performances? Thank you.

Mitch
Peter Dollard

Post by Peter Dollard »

Search box in Utube look for steel guitar performances. Ok it is one guy posting but no one is suing him. If the party has passed away are his relatives goin to go after the person who posted them... they should be happy his or her performance can still be viewed.
scott murray

Post by scott murray »

here's Bill's most recent upload, Jernigan in '94: https://youtu.be/PVtaVv8zLjc

you can subscribe to his Steelpicker channel from there
1965 Emmons S-10, 3x5 • Emmons LLIII D-10, 10x12 • JCH D-10, 10x12 • Beard MA-8 • Oahu Tonemaster
Gary Spaeth

Post by Gary Spaeth »