Sho Bud amp

Post here if you're looking for something special
Jerry Kippola

Sho Bud amp

Post by Jerry Kippola »

Looking for a small Sho Bud single channel amp made with a 12" speaker in the 70s----not the 15" one--
John Fields

Post by John Fields »

Sorry I don't have one, but I was wondering; what would the stock speaker be in this?
Thanks,
John C. Fields

Peavey's MI Amplifier Engineering Manager (1997-current) Hessiemae Electronic Services (repairs/mods/parts)
hessiemae@hotmail.com
601-934-2163
CONTACT ME FOR VINTAGE PEAVEY REPAIRS
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Yeah the Sho~bud Single Channel Amplifier came standard with JBL 15" speaker....usually a D-130; sometimes in certain years was a K-130; but both of those are 15" alnico mag speakers....best sound in the biz....but only 80 watts; so they actually made a better LIVE Fiddle amp...ah...ha.
Ricky
Last edited by Ricky Davis on 18 Aug 2022 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

They made a 12"version single channel Sho-Bud amp-Fred Newell had a couple of them-best I can recall,they did in fact have a JBL D-120 speaker in them...I'd like to have one myself!

They very well could have been"The Little Bull"chassis, which was about the same size as a Peavey LTD, with a smaller cabinet...narrower than the regular single channel amp.

Good luck with your search!

SH
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Wow Steve; I've never seen one, but not saying they weren't made as you just said Fred had a couple; therefore; IT IS.
Way cool...thanks.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Ricky Davis wrote:Wow Steve; I've never seen one, but not saying they weren't made as you just said Fred had a couple; therefore; IT IS.
Way cool...thanks.
Ricky
Yep,saw one of them at Bobbe Seymour's shop...I asked him about it and he said"It's Fred's,he's got a couple of them"-I'm pretty sure Fred had dropped it off to be repaired...this has probably been 40 years ago.Fred had some "X-Mas Tree"amps too...I'm pretty sure he used S~B amps during most of his studio career("Amarillo By Morning","Heaven's Just a Sin Away",many other big hit records)...

SH
Dale Foreman

Sho Bud amp

Post by Dale Foreman »

Rittenberry Prestige(2)
John Fields

Post by John Fields »

I've had my eye on the that Christmas Tree amp on eBay for a while now. What's an actual fair price for that?
Thanks,
John C. Fields

Peavey's MI Amplifier Engineering Manager (1997-current) Hessiemae Electronic Services (repairs/mods/parts)
hessiemae@hotmail.com
601-934-2163
CONTACT ME FOR VINTAGE PEAVEY REPAIRS
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Yeah the Sho~Bud Christmas Tree amp is a 15" speaker and in it's original form from the 70's; currently it is really to me; a 500.00 dollar amp. But everything is getting "comparatively over priced" with the price number they are putting up and NOT selling for that price.
Ricky
Ricky Davis