Crawford Park Steel Guitar?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Amy Osborne

Crawford Park Steel Guitar?

Post by Amy Osborne »

Hello all!

I work for Arthur's Music Store in Indianapolis and we just took in a Crawford Park single 10 and I am having a heck of a time finding info on it. I have read threads about JCH and have sent a note to Rusty Park, who I believe to be the Park in Crawford and Park. And I know Jimmie is the other half. But that's all I know! There's no serial number or any other writing/etching on the under carriage. Any info you all could provide on this brand or anyone else I should contact would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Arthur's Music Store
Historic Fountain Square
Indianapolis, IN
Since 1952

www.ArthursMusic.com
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

That looks like the guitar Russ Hicks played for a while. You might check with him.
Paul Wade

Post by Paul Wade »

P m sent
scott murray

Post by scott murray »

I believe JCH became Crawford/Park for a little while in the mid 90s but reverted back to JCH for several years before Jimmie passed away in 2005. Buck Reid or Elsie Crawford would know a lot more, and of course Russ Park.

bottom line: if Jimmie Crawford was involved, it's one of the finest steel guitars made. and quite rare
1965 Emmons S-10, 3x5 • Emmons LLIII D-10, 10x12 • JCH D-10, 10x12 • Beard MA-8 • Oahu Tonemaster
Amy Osborne

Post by Amy Osborne »

scott murray wrote:I believe JCH became Crawford/Park for a little while in the mid 90s but reverted back to JCH for several years before Jimmie passed away in 2005. Buck Reid or Elsie Crawford would know a lot more, and of course Russ Park.

bottom line: if Jimmie Crawford was involved, it's one of the finest steel guitars made. and quite rare
Thanks, Scott! I knew that last part! :D It's a mighty fine steel!!
Arthur's Music Store
Historic Fountain Square
Indianapolis, IN
Since 1952

www.ArthursMusic.com
Greg Schultz

Post by Greg Schultz »

I see four pedals and an extra rod by itself toward the changer end. What is that for?
Amy Osborne

Post by Amy Osborne »

Greg Schultz wrote:I see four pedals and an extra rod by itself toward the changer end. What is that for?
The owner of the steel passed almost 20 years ago, the steel has been in storage ever since. The daughter-in-law said she remembers hearing that pedal changed something only for a specific song the owner played. We haven't mapped a copedent yet, but we will soon.
Arthur's Music Store
Historic Fountain Square
Indianapolis, IN
Since 1952

www.ArthursMusic.com