PETE DRAKE Talking transducer

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
chuck abend

PETE DRAKE Talking transducer

Post by chuck abend »

One of a kind steel talking Device Pete DRAKE
Price 75.00

devic
Tommy Wayne

Hi Chuck

Post by Tommy Wayne »

If it works, I'll take it!
TW
David Mitchell

Post by David Mitchell »

Can't see very good but it doesn't look big enough to have a HF driver in it. It must be real small. It looks like only the rear half of the driver. Is that the part that bolts onto a driver?
Tommy Wayne

Hi Dave

Post by Tommy Wayne »

It looks a little short component wise to me too which is why I put the caveat on the purchase. I really don't know enough about it but I like the concept. Once again....if it actually works as expected and doesn't require anything else then I would buy it.
Tom
Bill A. Moore

Post by Bill A. Moore »

From WiKi

"Talking steel guitar
See also: Pete Drake
Pete Drake, a Nashville-based player of the pedal steel guitar, used a talk box on his 1964 album Forever, in what came to be called his "talking steel guitar". The following year Gallant released three albums with the box, Pete Drake & His Talking Guitar, Talking Steel and Singing Strings, and Talking Steel Guitar.[9] Drake's device consisted of an 8-inch paper cone speaker driver attached to a funnel from which a clear tube brought the sound to the performer's mouth. It was only loud enough to be useful in the recording studio.

Another prominent use of the talking steel guitar appears in The Ventures' Christmas Album, released in 1965. In the song "Silver Bells", Red Rhodes spoke through a talk box, distorting the phrase silver bells."

I built one for a guitar player back when using a HF driver with some resistance to reduce the power from his amps AUX. He got along with it OK for the few songs he used it on.