Thank you TSGA

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill Ferguson

Thank you TSGA

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Well this was my 9th year (I think) as emcee, along with my partners, Mike Siler and Jeff Williams.

I want to thank the TSGA officers, Albert & Debbie Talley and Ronnie Miller for having me back. Please call on me again next year.

We had a GREAT show and it was surely great to be in a place with so many of our friends. I hope we never have to "not have" another show, like in 2021.

We have lost so many of the great players, but don't be fooled. The remaining players and the newer players put on a show surpassed by none.

Linda was unable to be with me this year, so she allowed me to have a "date" (actually someone to watch over me) for the week by the name of Barbara Rosetta.

I drove down to Nederland, TX and picked up (as Russ Hicks would say) that blond on the side of the road. Just teasing. But Barbara and I had a 6 hour drive together to arrive on Wednesday.

All the players were excellent. Just to hear my friend Randy Beavers again was worth the trip.

And to see and hear some of these up and coming youngsters in the "side shows" was absolutely amazing. Pedal steel guitar is alive and well in their hands.

I sincerely enjoyed seeing and talking to old friends and making many new friends. So many came by the emcee table to thank me for videos that I have posted. All the friendship sure made the long trip worthwhile.

Looking forward to 2023 if our good Lord allows me to live that long.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
James Stewart Jr

Post by James Stewart Jr »

One of these years--I'd love to attend.
1975 Sho~Bud Pro III Custom (8-7)
1981 Peavey Session 500
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

James Stewart, You would be in heaven attending the TSGA Jamboree. I hope you can make it sometime. Thank you Bill Ferguson for what you do for everyone. I am happy Barbara Rosetta is still a part of the TSGA. You are right, some of these young guns can sure pick extremely well. I just listen to them and am amazed at their talent. Seeing Randy Beavers again was worth the trip if he had been the only one that played. Last but not least, the two young fiddle players were so talented too. I hope they can continue to be a part of the show.
Bob Blair

Post by Bob Blair »

I second the thanks to the TSGA and to you Bill for all your hard work. It was wonderful to be back.
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

Bill, you’re a good man and also a great emcee! Thank you for all you do, Bill - especially mentoring the young players!
I’m so glad you were determined to get Barbara here! We spent some healing time together. Our steel guitar family has been with me through my most wrenching days. Each of us will suffer a heavy loss in our lives, and I found nothing as comforting as the love and prayers of this steel guitar family!
The show was great! All the players were impressive! I Especially enjoyed Mike Sweeney’s Solitaire, Larry Toliver’s Dance with Me
Russ and Laney’s set, and of course Randy’s touching set was my highlight!
Donna Dodd
Georgia Steel Guitar Association (GaSGA) Board Member & Website Administrator
"Every person is a new door to a different world."
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com
Barbara Rosetta

Post by Barbara Rosetta »

I want to thank everyone that encouraged me to attend the Dallas Show. It was very hard to be there but at the same time it was great. Our music family was so kind in my time of grief. Thanks to Bill for coming by to pick me up and sharing a weekend watching after me.(or was I watching after him?) I spent great quality time with many of you and I thank Donna, Laney, Ginger and Randy for their exceptional concern and understanding. The show was great and I loved being there with all of you.