Patricia Warnock E9/C6 Steel Chart Offering? Want one?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Michael Lester

Patricia Warnock E9/C6 Steel Chart Offering? Want one?

Post by Michael Lester »

Here goes... a very long time ago I acquired one of Patricia Warnock's very useful steel guitar Chord Charts. Even as the years have rolled by, I still refer to her chart because it's easy to use and well laid out.

When I originally got the Chart I printed it on a large format professional printer at 11" x 17", on poster paper.

An acquaintance who has started on steel asked about the chart and I sent him the digital file. His home printer doesn't handle large format paper. He tried printing it on several sheets of standard paper and then scotch taped it together. It was ugly. I printed him a copy on 11x17.

I wondered how many other players might like these charts (E9 and/or C6) if they were the proper size.

I contacted Patricia directly and she offered to provide me the files gratis. I've contacted a printer. Researched mailing tubes and postage (USPS is a little vague on the cost but it looks like it will be around $2.60 to mail)

With all the parts (printing, tube, postage) one of them will be about $11.25 mailed.

Patricia and I would both earn about $2.50. Her share would go to maintain her web site, mine won't even pay for gas to the Post Office.

The question is...how many players would want one?

If you're interested, let me know so I have a sense of how many to print.

They'll be available in both E9 and C6.

BTW, I am aware that Patricia has offered the digital file for free for many years - but the format is 11x17 and larger. Patricia and I are doing this as a service - there is no profit motive.

Dick Chapple Sr

Charts

Post by Dick Chapple Sr »

I have had for a few years now Patricia's two charts enlarged and laminated, I refer to them a lot.
My E9th cart is 13" by 19" while the C6th is 11" by 17".

Any chance I could order a pair from you and have both enlarged to 13" by 19"? If so what would you need to cover costs for that size?

Thanks
Dick
Dick Chapple Sr

charts

Michael.
I think you may have replied to me because I got a notice but when I click on the link back to the forum, the forum says the topic doesn't exist.

Anyway, what would it cost to do them at 13 by 19?
Thanks
Dick
Michael Lester

Patricia Warnock charts

Post by Michael Lester »

Dick...thanks for your interest in this little project. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much interest.

At this point, I haven't had enough response to justify printing.

FWIW, the reason I started this topic was because most folks don't have easy access to a large format computer printer. Patricia designed the charts to print on 11x17 paper.

After contacting Patricia, I proposed that I arrange to print and mail the charts to save players the task of tracking down a print shop, etc.

I'll keep the topic open for a bit to see if there's interest.

Michael Lester
Dick Chapple Sr

charts

Lets hope there is more interest then.
I am a perpetual beginner I guess because I refer to Patricia's chart all the time. There is a lot of info on them that is all good, even as refreshers and reminders.
I can do the same thing I guess and make a trip to the big city and have Kinkos print up a couple big size charts but I'll wait to see what happens here for a while.
Dick