Any steel I can hear near sarasota FL the week of March 14?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Glenn Demichele

Any steel I can hear near sarasota FL the week of March 14?

Post by Glenn Demichele »

For spring break, my daughter and I are going to Islamorada on Sat Mar 12, then driving over to Sarasota on the 15th for four more days. I’m the dad, so she’ll have to see a steel player if I can find one. Thanks
Franklin D10 8&5, Excel D10 8&5, homemade buffer/overdrive, Moyo pedal, GT-001 effects, 2x BAM200 for stereo. 2x GW8003 8" driver in homemade closed-box. Also NV400 etc. etc...
Bob Cox

player

Post by Bob Cox »

My friend Nick Reed is Jamming some down there at this time. Check his posts and Schedule.
Russell Nugent

Post by Russell Nugent »

There's a terrific singer named Callie Chappel who plays at the Blase Cafe on Siesta Key. It looks like she'll be there on the 18th. If she has her Whole Band with her, Dave Peirce will be playing. He's a great picker and used to own a steel store in Sarasota. Very nice guy. Tell him I said Hi!
David Peirce

Blase Cafe

Post by David Peirce »

Hi Russell and Glenn - I am indeed planning on playing with the Whole Band on Friday nights and would be very happy to see anyone who can come. I haven't been playing out lately because of Covid concerns (and a new bionic hip), but my oncologist says it's OK to start again as long as I'm careful not to be overly friendly with the audience on the breaks :-)
Russell - thanks for the kind words!
Glenn Demichele

Hi David: my dad is living in St.Armand’s in the house my grandpa built in 1954. So, you’re playing at Blasé on Fri March 18th? If so, i’d be happy to meet you. I myself have 2 bionic hips, and LKL is what finally got me to pull the trigger on that! Worked out great, and no tri-flow needed ( yet). Glenn
P.s. thanks Russel
Franklin D10 8&5, Excel D10 8&5, homemade buffer/overdrive, Moyo pedal, GT-001 effects, 2x BAM200 for stereo. 2x GW8003 8" driver in homemade closed-box. Also NV400 etc. etc...
Russell Nugent

Post by Russell Nugent »

Small world Glenn! I grew up on St Armands Key on North Washington Drive. It was handy living there when I was at Sarasota High because whenever I was running late for school I just told them that the bridge was up. It always worked!

I lived there for 54 years and moved to Pensacola about 8 years ago to be closer to my in-laws.

We still go down there a few times a year to see the kids and grands. I hope to catch the band during one of those trips.
Glenn Demichele

Ha ha Russel. Yeah, my dad is on S. Washington at the end of Polk st. I remember the drawbridge as a kid, but it’s been hon a long time. I’m eating in a sushi restaurant by fruit like and I75 right now.
David Peirce

Blase Cafe

Post by David Peirce »

I have a follow up appt with my surgeon on Thursday and I'll ask about Tri-Flo. I've been using IPA to smooth things out, but maybe there's a better alternative! :-) Hope to see you on Friday.
Glenn Demichele

Hi David:
We went for breakfast on siesta key this morning and it was spring break crazy, and we ended up eating on the mainland. We stopped at Blase when we were there about 11:00am, so at least I saw it. I called Blase after you started playing, and she said it was crazy busy. We have an early flight tomorrow, so we bagged it. Next time though. Hope it was a good night. Glenn