Happy Birthday Norm Hamlet

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Joe Drivdahl

Happy Birthday Norm Hamlet

Post by Joe Drivdahl »

87 and still on the road. Happy birthday, Norm.
GFI Ultra, Gibson, and Fender.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Norm is a dandy. Enjoy his playing. And he's a great guy to boot. A very happy birthday to Norm.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I just saw Norm at the SWSGA show. As expected, he was great !
His combination with the piano player Mario Carboni, who also sings and plays trumpet, was a real treat. They played a cool song about Pedal steel guitar...i bought their CD but it wasnt on there (: Talked to him briefly...a very humble gentleman !
Anway, a belated Happy Birthday to Norm, he is amazing and an inspiration to us all !
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Steve Cattermole

Post by Steve Cattermole »

I also met Norm this year in Phoenix,and he was a sweetheart of a guy. very cool, really funny, and sharp as a tack. He saw me playing with both feet, and told me that Ralph Mooney also played with 2 feet, then he followed with some stories about that which were hilarious. Really fun hanging out with him. And Mario too, what a nice guy, and great player and singer. Norm I hope you have a great Birthday, I look forward to seeing you again.