I have the coolest wife!

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Thomas Bray

I have the coolest wife!

Post by Thomas Bray »

When I'm done with upgrading my Rogue, I had planned on building one this spring, based on the Gibson Century (I've seen ads for plans in several places), but instead of going P90, I planned on going with a HB, with some wiring tricks.

Now I don't have to. My birthday is next month, so she has been watching Reverb, only knowing I wanted to build one with that art deco look. She found a Dan Armstrong LSG, modeled after the Gibson, checked with my son, and bought it. It'll be here in a few days!
Here's a pic:

Even better, the pickup in it, a SETBucker from CJ Labs, has some features that make it very versatile. Look it up on YouTube if you like building or modding, and check it out. (I may have to upgrade my son's Les Paul!)

I got lucky with her. When we met in the early 90's, I was a Deputy Sheriff, she one of my dispatchers as well as a paramedic with an RN license. Maybe 2 months after we started dating, I was nearly killed when my cruiser was struck. When they released me from the hospital, I had been scheduled to go to a long term care facility to recuperate, but she asked the trauma surgeon to ok putting a hospital bed in her apartment kitchen, and helped me recover over the following 8 months. We've been together ever since!

And then, she buys me a new lap steel!!!
Brian Cheetham

Keeper!

Post by Brian Cheetham »

Now that’s what I call a keeper! Oh your wife sounds nice too 😝