Don't You Ever Get Tired of Hurtin Me- instrumental

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Michael Sullivan

Don't You Ever Get Tired of Hurtin Me- instrumental

Post by Michael Sullivan »

Recently, I discovered this truly gifted musician while scrolling through Facebook. Wanting to capture some of that magic, I tabbed out this song and asked if I could share it with the world. With his approval,here is an excellent cryin' steel guitar instrumental by Stephen Smyth that will get you playing those classic "tear in the beer" licks ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIbqd1jYfKQ) Thank you Stephen for letting me share this with everyone.
Last edited by Michael Sullivan on 31 Dec 2021 1:07 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

Nicely done!
Mark Greenway

Post by Mark Greenway »

Good job on that one. And thank you for sharing the tab.
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

WOW, what a nice NEW YEAR treat that is. Thanks Michael for Sharing....You sound GREAT and awesome Tab for everyone.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
George Biner

Post by George Biner »

This is totally awesome -- classic song by the great Ray Price, marvelous performance, and readable, accurate tab to boot! -- this is really going to help me acquire some of the licks that attracted me to the instrument in the first place -- makes me want to grab a beer and start cryin'!! Thank you for posting this.
Guacamole Mafia - California Country Rock band
Electrical engineer / amp tech in West Los Angeles
Mullen RP SD10 E9 / Fender Deluxe Reverb, Princeton, Princeton Reverb
"Now there is a snappy sounding instrument. That f****r really sings." - Jerry Garcia
Michael Sullivan

Post by Michael Sullivan »

My sincere thanks to those who have commented on my tablature. Seeing the name Frank Freniere's made me smile because I know you have a critical eye as someone who has tabbed for many years, thank you for the compliment. As the moderator, I was honored to see the name Ricky Davis since your appreciation comes only after seeing perhaps thousands of posts. Mark Greenway, when I read the words "good job on that one", it made sharing this tab more than worth the effort. But, I have to say, George Biner, starting off with the words "This is totally awesome"really made my day. Thank you, all of you, you have inspired me to post even more songs!
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

Stephen Smyth did a great job, too.