Convert mp3 to Youtube

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Bestor

Convert mp3 to Youtube

Post by Bob Bestor »

Hi There - I am looking for the best option for converting mp3 files (ie: garageband recordings) to Youtube compatible files. Thanks in advance for any leads.

Bob
Keep on truckin'
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

As you know YouTube wants to upload VIDEO file formats , so we convert our "audio" into video files or formats.

I happen to use Wavepad Video Editor , which I believe has a free download version, others use Microsoft Movie Maker etc... There are plenty of FREE programs which others use, hopefully they will chime in. I paid the $29 for the Wavepad license , its my go to program for Slide and Video with audio.

When we SAVE the audio/video project, they have several "save as" options, MPG, AVI etc...which are the formats that YouTube is looking for.

I also use the WAVEPAD Sound Editor program which is a complete AUDIO editor/conversion program, also $29.

Sometimes we have a big fight with FREE programs !
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Michael Stephens

Post by Michael Stephens »

If you have iMovie on the Mac, you can import the audio into an iMovie project, then save all that as a movie file compatible w/You Tube. Let me know if you want some more info about that and I could help you out.
Bob Bestor

Post by Bob Bestor »

Thanks! Michael I used your idea of iMovie. Fairly easy. Great tip!
Keep on truckin'