Jerry Roller gone one year.

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Mark Shuda

Jerry Roller gone one year.

Post by Mark Shuda »

Yesterday marked the anniversary of the passing of my friend Jerry! Prayers to Jerry's family. He is deeply missed by many of us here on the forum
Last edited by Mark Shuda on 26 Dec 2021 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mark Twang
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

OMG; it's already been a year since Jerry passed. Jerry I hope you are resting well high on that mountain my friend. RIP.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Jerry was a Great Guy and a Class Act! He performed on many of my Steel Guitar Shows over the years. Always a favorite Player for so many of us! Prayers for Carlene and Family! RIP Jerry, Love Ya Brother!
Tommy White

Post by Tommy White »

Still can’t believe my friend is gone. Jerry was always my go to when I needed something special!
Ron Funk

Post by Ron Funk »

I totally agree with the above comments.

Jerry Roller was definitely a 'class act gentleman' that always treated his fellow steelers fairly. He really knew his stuff on many types of steels (including PP Emmons)

I purchased many items from Jerry through the years.

My sincere sentiments to his wife and sons at this time of year.

Ron
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

None finer. I dealed with Jerry on many occasions. Always a honest and fair man. Nothing but great things to remember about Jerry. My prayers for his family.
Terry Roller

Post by Terry Roller »

Thanks to everyone for those nice words. I’ve gotten the pleasure over the last year to meet a lot of you here on the forum. Great people. I see why my dad enjoyed the forum so much.

Mark Shuda: That’s a beautiful guitar!

Terry
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Jerry was a great player, wonderful person, and a friend. I miss him.
RMckee

Post by RMckee »

Hard to believe how time passes. Jerry was such a phenomenal guy. Always gracious, always kind, always ready with a word of advice or encouragement. So many times he lent me a steel if I didn’t have one and someone asked me to pick for some event. Then there were the many Friday nights at Barling picking beside him, the times I played at Westfork, the many shows and jams. I am a better musician because of Jerry Roller. I miss our emails and text messages, the phone calls, times when I would call and say, “Jerry, how did they do….” I would play or describe what I knew and he would fill in the gaps. Or I would ask for his assistance working through difficult chord progression. He played so beautifully at my daughter’s wedding. Just a great guy and one I am so happy to say was my friend. And, as an added bonus, through Jerry I became acquainted with his son, Jerry Jr. who is also a superb musician and a great guy. I always enjoyed picking with him and getting to visit with him also.
Bruce Heffner

Jerry

Post by Bruce Heffner »

He was such a nice person to deal with for Emmons parts. We traded some pedals about 2 years ago, as he had what my requirements were and I had want he needed. Totally trustworthy man.
Bruce from Arizona these days
Ross Odom

Jerry roller

Post by Ross Odom »

I MISS HIM A LOT, HE WAS A WONDERFUL MAN AND A GODLY MAN AND A GREAT EXAMPLE FOR OUR YOUTH TODAY......
I Sing and record Gospel and country music. I love old Gospel songs above all. I would choose to go Flying above all other hobbies. I currently Fly Medivac with a long time Pilot Friend. Gives me great joy!!!!!
Jerry Van Hoose

Post by Jerry Van Hoose »

I miss Jerry too, think about him often, can’t believe it’s been a year. He helped me out many times with that rare or unique part that was needed. Jerry was indeed, a very nice gentleman.
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

I bought my 1974 push pull from Jerry. Such a nice guy.
RIP my friend.

RC
G Strout

Post by G Strout »

Jerry was a great guy!! He gave me a lot of help (and his time) to get my old Marlen set up the way I wanted it. RIP Jerry. Hope you are resting easy.
Gary
Melbert 8, Remington S8,Remington D8, Rick B6, Tremblay 6 lap steel, Marlen S-10 4&4, Old Guild M75 and Artist Award, Benedetto Bravo, Epiphone Century Electar (the real one) and a bunch of old lap steels.... mostly Ricks and Magnatones'
Brad Easley

Post by Brad Easley »

Update: Someone has claimed them.

Just thought I'd offer this up to y'all that knew Jerry. Last time I was at his his house, Jerry gave me several of his steel CDs. I don't have a CD player, so I can't do much with them. But I'd happily ship them to someone that would listen to and appreciate them. I'm happy to pay for the shipping, just let me know where to send them.

Last edited by Brad Easley on 21 Aug 2022 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeremy Reeves

Post by Jeremy Reeves »

he helped me out with some needed parts and great advice. condolences to his family and friends
john buffington

Post by john buffington »

Jerry was the second steel player I heard at a very young age, and it was him who inspired me to try to learn to play a pedal steel guitar. I miss him bunches.
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Jerry and I got to be friends at Ronnie Neighbors steel show and it’s odd that Ronnie just passed away almost a year to the day after Jerry. Both were good friends of mine. Miss them both.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Terry Sneed

Jerry

Post by Terry Sneed »

Jerry use to help me a lot. If I had
a question about anything steel guitar he
was glad to help me out. Bought a lot
of stuff from Jerry he always treated me right. Miss him.
Quentin Hickey

Post by Quentin Hickey »

I am still getting spam emails from his account. Rest in peace Jerry