Cal. 99 years young Country Artist Rose Lee Maphis passed.

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

LJ Eiffert

Cal. 99 years young Country Artist Rose Lee Maphis passed.

Post by LJ Eiffert »

. . . Dim Lights,Thick Smoke,And Loud Loud Music is in Heaven again to day. 99 years young Country Music Artist- Entertainer " Rose Lee Maphis " passed away to be with her better half Joe and God. Thanks to you both for the many years of working with you. <> RIP Aunt Rose with Uncle Joe and your son Dale. :cry: Love always,SwampWater Fox
Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

Mainstream news has not picked this up yet, but I assume you have inside sources. BTW, she's 98 (b. Dec 29, 1922).

She and Joe were truly great. My kind of country music. There was a celebration of Joe's 100th birthday down in Cumberland, MD where he was from, about 100 miles south of me, in August - See Link Here - they were both from western MD. I wanted to go, but had gigs up here.
Wesley Medlen

Post by Wesley Medlen »

Saw them in person when I was in the Navy in Long Beach California Very good show. This was back in 1959 Wes
Justice S10 Jr, Gibson Electra 6string, Boss Katana 100, Steelers Choice ,Gretsch 6 string lap, Hilton VP
Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

Jon Zimmerman

Enduring Pioneers

Post by Jon Zimmerman »

Thank you Dave for the links. Long overdue for a place in the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Maphis’ contributions are endless. Many, many famous names in the limelight today owe a debt of gratitude to these “Town Hall” pioneering talents and influencers. RIP Rose
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

I played several shows with Joe and Rose Lee...wish I could find the pictures of me and Joe ripping up his double neck Mosrite...!..RIP Rose..
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

What great and inspiring talent they were. Good on you Mickey for sharing a stage with these wonderful pioneers of music. Rip Rose. Prayers for the family.
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

There is a Video out there on YouTube with Joe Maphis and I picking that Guitar of his. ;-)
Mark Durante

Post by Mark Durante »

I come on this going home page reluctantly these days, it's hard to take. She was an amazing woman with the kind of talent that you don't see much anymore...