Pedal Steel repairs in Florida?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ron Hall

Pedal Steel repairs in Florida?

Post by Ron Hall »

Having given up on trying to remedy the problems with my Jackson Maverick HD, I'd like to find someone who is familiar with these pull-release instruments, to help me out. Is there anyone in Florida, within 3-4 hours driving distance (from Vero Beach) who works on PSGs? I really want to avoid having to ship it back to Jackson.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Bondz Music is in Wildwood, FL, which can't be too far from Vero. There is at least one person there with a good knowledge of steel guitars in general.

I tried to set something up with them once but it didn't work out. They could have fixed my problem but they wouldn't allow me to make an appointment so I could stand there while they did the work. They wanted me to leave the guitar with them. It's a longish drive from Naples so I didn't follow up on it.

Call them and ask; if you don't mind dropping it off and collecting it later they may well suit your purpose. I know of no one else in Florida.
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Ron Hall

Post by Ron Hall »

Thanks, Roger. They're about 2 hours from me. I called them and they said I'd have to leave it and turnaround would be 1-2 weeks. Still better than shipping it back to Jackson.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Yes, agreed. At least you won't be risking your instrument with a shipper.

I hope they can take care of your problem.
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Both the owner, Jonny Bondz, and store manager JR Reich play Sho-Bud's. JR does most of the repair work.

JR and I worked in a band for 5 years, until COVID closed down the venue last year.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit