2008 Mike Auldridge-Signed Beard MA-6

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Carter Giegerich

2008 Mike Auldridge-Signed Beard MA-6

Post by Carter Giegerich »

This is a Mike Auldridge-signed Paul Beard MA6 model from before Mike passed away. The label inside says it's #271, dated 08/28/08. It belonged to my dad, Dave Giegerich, who was a pretty active member on here before he passed away in 2010. I have a new guitar from Paul that should be finished in the next few weeks, and I'm selling a couple of my dad's old instruments to help offset some of those costs (he always said you should only ever sell an instrument to buy a new one, so here I am).

The body of the guitar is in great shape, and the coverplate looks great aside from a few blemishes here and there. This was my dad's main Dobro for a period of time and it did get played out but it was well taken care of. I can send more photos and sound samples on request. I think it's a really awesome sounding guitar.

I live in Western NC and would prefer to do local pickup or deliver it myself to someone generally in the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic, but could ship it if we can work out the cost involved. I'm back and forth between here and the DC area every so often, so if you're in the Eastern US we could probably make something work.

Asking $3,500 OBO. I will keep an eye on this thread over the next few days but the best way to contact me with questions and/or offers is my email, at carter.giegerich@gmail.com.

Howard Parker

Post by Howard Parker »

Ahhh..

MA6, the "Grand Piano" of resonator guitars.

I know this individual guitar. I accepted the order from Dave, Saw it being built, tested and approved by Mike.

Mike played EVERY MA guitar. If you weren't local to take possession at the shop you might well have gotten an emailed photo from Mike saying, "This is the one!".

Sample below!

Howard Parker

03\' Carter D-10
70\'s Dekley D-10
52\' Fender Custom
Many guitars by Paul Beard
Listowner Resoguit-L
Pat Moore

Dobro

Post by Pat Moore »

Email sent
Mike Brenner

Post by Mike Brenner »

Hi Carter—I received my first dobro lesson from your father in the late 90s. I drove down from Philly because there were no teachers in my area. I attended Common Ground on his recommendation and took instruction from Dave and Mike Auldridge. Dave’s encouragement was very important to me at the time. He was a great musician, teacher and person. Mike
Jim Norman

Post by Jim Norman »

Carter, I also knew your dad and took lessons from him in Fredericksburg around 1980. As far as I'm concerned, he was a picker's picker. I was always amazed at how he could find the melody in a complex piece as his first pass on a break and avoided adding gratuitous hot licks which actually tended to simplify the melody. He could play the hot licks, too, and did so with aplomb when appropriate. Wish I was in the market for another reso. I'd love to have this instrument. Best of luck to you.

Cheers,
Jim N.