Bob Moore, Nashville ‘A’Team’ bassist

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Sorry to hear this! He was a Great Musician and played on thousands of recordings over several decades. Prayers for his family and many friends!
Joachim Kettner

Post by Joachim Kettner »

He also played on an album by the S.F. band Moby Grape when their original bassist wasn't available.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxO9rTof-ZY
Fender Kingman, Sierra Crown D-10, Evans Amplifier, Soup Cube.
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

Joachim Kettner wrote:He also played on an album by the S.F. band Moby Grape when their original bassist wasn't available.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxO9rTof-ZY
What a great song! They could have used a steel ...

Thanks, Joachim.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

What a player and what a career!

Bob Moore underpinned countless hit records and the combination of Moore and drummer Buddy Harman was the driving force on so many important records. The Everlys, Elvis, Brenda Lee, Roy Orbison, Patsy Cline and so many more - that rhythm section was never less than right 'in the pocket'.

He was a musicians' musician. Rest in peace.
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Buddie Hrabal

Another Brother Gone Home!

Post by Buddie Hrabal »

A great loss to the music industry. The average listener doesn't have a clue just how much music they enjoy with Bob on the bass. RIP Brother
1975 Emmons P/P D-10, Sierra Sesion D-10, Dekley HS-210, Sho-Bud "Blue Darlin" V, Evans FET-500HV amp,Goodrich L-120 pedal
Jason Stillwell

Post by Jason Stillwell »

I'm not sure what role he played on the actual recording, but the instrumental "Mexico" was credited to Bob Moore & His Orchestra. (It was, indeed, the same Bob Moore. I looked it up. If it's on the Internet, it has to be true.) So not only did Bob Moore play on a bazillion hit records, he also had a #1 record (in Australia, Germany, and the US easy listening chart) under his own name.

Edited to add: When I was a kid back in the 80s, there was an old guitar picker from Chicota TX who always played "Mexico." I was trying to make conversation with him about his guitar. "That's a Telecaster, right?" "Broadcaster." (To which I thought, "Must be some kind of a cheap knock-off.")