Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dom Franco

The Lost Demo Tape found after 45 years

Post by Dom Franco »

BETHLEHEM's lost demo of "Bright and shining Son"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpm8X2v ... H&index=20
Dom Franco

Post by Dom Franco »

THE LOST DEMO TAPE of "Bright and Shining Son" words and music by: Danny Daniels. When Producer Tom Stipe was wrapping up the final mixes of the Maranatha 5 Album, he heard the group BETHLEHEM performing at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa, CA and then felt led by the Lord to include one of their songs on the record. He asked for a demo tape... Here is is! No one had heard this recording for over 45 years. *** SPECIAL THANKS*** to Mike Shoup (the original recording engineer) for finding this gem and dusting it off. The tape has held up very well over the years. The Tape Farm had to work their magic and "BAKE" the tape to prevent the oxide from delaminating due to age. Then they transferred the recordings to Digital files. Dom Franco of Studio 92, Beaverton OR. Aligned, Edited and remixed the original 4 tracks. Danny's wonderful melody and lyrics, are as fresh as ever, and here is included the Long lost "tag" ending... "I've Been Washed in the Blood of the Lamb"
Cher Danny Daniels Praise the Lord!

TO COMPARE AND CONTRAST TO THE SUBSEQUENT STUDIO VERSION LISTEN HERE.... https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtop ... highlight=
Marty Broussard

Post by Marty Broussard »

Very cool post. Excuse my ignorance; who is the steelguitarist?
"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
Dom Franco

Post by Dom Franco »

Hi Dom Franco here I am the steel guitarist from Bethlehem
Greg Sander

Post by Greg Sander »

I really enjoyed that found tape, Dom. Thanks for posting it.
Marty Broussard

Post by Marty Broussard »

@Dom Franco,

Nice playing
"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin