Tuning a pull release guitar.

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John DeBoalt

Post by John DeBoalt »

Just got my old stage one Zum back from someone who borrowed it several years ago to try to learn to play steel. I seem to recall a pull release tuning sequence posted here on the Forum and I wanted to try it out when I set the guitar up again. I didn't locate it after scrolling through several pages. Would appreciate any info someone might have. John
Equipment: Carter D10, Zum Stage1,
Wechter Scheernhorn Reso, Deneve Reso, Fender Jazzmaster, Martin D16, Walker Stereo Steel amp, TC Electronics M One effects unit, JBL 15" speaker cabs,Peavey Nashville 1000,Peavey Revoloution 112, Morrell Lap Steel, Boss DD3 delay,others
Doug Earnest

Post by Doug Earnest »

Email sent to you outlining the tuning procedure.

Raises tune with the white nylon tuning nuts.

Lowers tune with the allen screws above the tuner window in the endplate.
John DeBoalt

Post by John DeBoalt »

Hey Doug thanks for the response. I didn't get the email as it was an old email address I forgot to update. I've changed it in my profile but didn't get my membership reactivated right away. Could you please resend info. deboaltj@gmail.com. Thanks John
Wechter Scheernhorn Reso, Deneve Reso, Fender Jazzmaster, Martin D16, Walker Stereo Steel amp, TC Electronics M One effects unit, JBL 15" speaker cabs,Peavey Nashville 1000,Peavey Revoloution 112, Morrell Lap Steel, Boss DD3 delay,others
Gene Tani

Post by Gene Tani »

I believe this is the text Doug sent me a year or so ago but possible that's he's updated it.

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtop ... 82#2591382

Also, it turned out on mine a cross shaft was binding so check that also.
- keyless Sonny Jenkins laps stay in tune forever!; Carter PSG
- The secret sauce: polyester sweatpants to buff your picks, cheapo Presonus channel strip for preamp/EQ/compress/limiter, Diet Mountain Dew
John DeBoalt

Post by John DeBoalt »

thanks Gene. That's what I was looking for