Goodrich Volume Pedals off point adjustment

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Arrigo Martelli

Goodrich Volume Pedals off point adjustment

Post by Arrigo Martelli »

Hello everybody, is there any model in the Goodrich volume pedals line that has an actual off-point/min volume control, that allows you to adjust the minimum volume in the off position (just like a Hilton does)?

Thanks!
Joe Hensley

Post by Joe Hensley »

I think the only way to do that would be mechanically by setting up the string & potentiometer so that when the pedal is 'volume down' the pot is still 'open' a bit.
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Joe Hensley wrote:I think the only way to do that would be mechanically by setting up the string & potentiometer so that when the pedal is 'volume down' the pot is still 'open' a bit.
Or an electronic Goodrich pedal. I know the LDR2 (no longer produced) and I would imagine the new Omni pedal would have them . Mechanical pedals (I don't think) would be able to do it without playing with the string that turns the pot.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

The Goodrich pot pedals, including the OMNI, have to be manually adjusted, by loosening the colar on the pot shaft and rotating the pot to the desired position and then tightening the colar.
Be sure that you have the volume pedal in the OFF position (hold it with a clamp) before doing this.

There is no "electronic" volume adjustment on any Goodrich pot pedal.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Arrigo Martelli

Post by Arrigo Martelli »

Richard Sinkler wrote: Or an electronic Goodrich pedal. I know the LDR2 (no longer produced) and I would imagine the new Omni pedal would have them.
Yes, from the pictures I saw the LDR2 did have the off point adjustment on bottom of the pedal (as well as gain and tone). I thought the Omni pedal would have that too but it sounds like it doesn't.

Thanks!
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

Joe Hensley wrote:I think the only way to do that would be mechanically by setting up the string & potentiometer so that when the pedal is 'volume down' the pot is still 'open' a bit.
You could certainly drill a hole, thread it, and put in a set-screw with a locking nut so that the pedal travel is limited in one direction. The hillbilly solution!
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Arrigo Martelli wrote:
Richard Sinkler wrote: Or an electronic Goodrich pedal. I know the LDR2 (no longer produced) and I would imagine the new Omni pedal would have them.
Yes, from the pictures I saw the LDR2 did have the off point adjustment on bottom of the pedal (as well as gain and tone). I thought the Omni pedal would have that too but it sounds like it doesn't.

Thanks!
I used an LDR2 for many years before switching to a Hilton low profile. I set both pedals up to still have sound going through in the off position.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.