any lefty pedalmasters out there?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Roy Thomas

any lefty pedalmasters out there?

Post by Roy Thomas »

my next trial is building a lefty. what i am looking for is undercarriage photo's. i have some but he made many diff styles with pedal lay outs.
since i do not play, need opinions on placements, have seen some center mounted.
he finally got some relief as the assisted living has now allowed him to have indoor visitors. he is still tinkering, just bought a goldtone square next that i amplified for him.
Tomi Graso

Post by Tomi Graso »

Maybe you can get in touch with Ville Leppänen, he plays a lefty Pedalmaster in Finland...

His band is "Southpaw Steel'n'Twang,

https://www.facebook.com/steeltwang/

Hope this helps
Roy Thomas

lefty

Post by Roy Thomas »

well, in the process of re-assembling the lefty after trial fitting everything. it actually went pretty smooth for my first lefty, my father always made the lefty. will post up some pictures once together.
Roy Thomas

first lefty

Post by Roy Thomas »

well, said i was going to try one out and it went fairly well.
S10 in colortone blue #5039, 3 & 4 jimmy day in E9
the pickup is not known since my father had many and i try to used them to remove inventory. i will say this, this guitar is on the bass side. i have not tried it on a larger amp to see what is what as my test amp is a pyramid practice amp with no bells and whistles.
forgot to take a jpeg of the undercarriage but it uses fessenden bell cranks as i have quite a few on hand.
also, it is universal, aka, no fixed copedant. will support 19 shafts.
Sam Lewis

Beautiful

Post by Sam Lewis »

Another beautiful PedalMaster guitar. I know that your dad is proud. I have owned guitars that your dad built and for my money, they are right at the top of the list. Please give Roy my best wishes. The guitar in my picture is a Green D10 PedalMaster
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Roy,I sent you a message about my friend who plays a lefty pedal master.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Steve Leal

Post by Steve Leal »

Hi. Will this guitar be available for purchase? I’d be interested if so.

I used to own a lefty Pedalmaster model “The General”. It was a great instrument! Roy told me that it was made with all stainess steel top tier components.

Thanks, Steve!
Andrew Nafziger

left here

Post by Andrew Nafziger »

Here is a lefty Pedalmaster player! I love the guitar. Being a lefty, there weren't many options for me and I felt very lucky to find a lefty that was such a quality build. It is great to hear that you are carrying the torch. Your father was very helpful to me when I was starting out.

Happy to send you pictures of my guitar or anything else that is helpful.

Do you still have extra part that you are trying to get rid of? I will PM you; it would be good to have some spare parts around.

I would also be interested to know about any lefties that might be coming up for sale.

Andrew