Emmons D10 case lining and support design

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Kenneth Smith

Emmons D10 case lining and support design

Post by Kenneth Smith »

I recently purchased an Emmons from the mid 80's and the case is not in mint condition. My question is: Are there supposed to be small blocks at the ends to help support the guitar up off the case so the head keys and the pick up end are not resting flat in the case. please send photos or sketch so I can make these. There was one in inside the case which raised my suspicion about supports.
Thank you,
Emmons D10, Goodrich Pedal, Austin 400 amp
Valdi Thorkelsson

Post by Valdi Thorkelsson »

Kenneth, if I’m not mistaken the answer is yes, there should be blocks inside the case and inside the case lid.

I doug out the case the 1975 Emmons D-10 I bought earlier this summer came in (which I believe to be the original case) and shot some pics. Hope this helps (pics to follow in separate post)
Valdi Thorkelsson

Valdi Thorkelsson

This was just a "quick and dirty" photo-shoot to give you an idea of the look and measurements. If you need more precise measurements than can be gleaned off the pics let me know :)
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Good Job Valdi, Those pictures should do the job for him. J.R.
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
John Swain

Post by John Swain »

90's Cush cases had no blocks, but Thomas cases had blocks. I prefer the front and back "ledges" like the Carter cases used, FWIW.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

My 82 D-10 Franklin set on 1" foam (covered with crushed velour lining material). It was carried on the road and local gigs. I sold the guitar 38 years later and laying on the foam pad never damaged anything and usually didn't detune anything.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit