My Wife Ora Wood passed away Friday evening!

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Terry Wood

My Wife Ora Wood passed away Friday evening!

Post by Terry Wood »

Many people will know who Ora Wood is. We were married 29 years. Though we divorced several years ago, we remained Friends! She was one of the most devout Christian believers that I have ever known. She walked the Walk, and did not just talk it! She was very supportive of my Steel Guitar Endeavors. Her favorite Steel Guitarists were Jerry Byrd and Speedy West. Speedy was a close Friend of ours for many years. My ex wife died of Covid Complications. I took care of her in finally days, until her condition worsened and she had to go to the Hospital. RIP Ora Wood, You fought The Good Fight!
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Terry, my heart goes out to you and your family. I'm deeply saddened by your loss. I know you was there for her and can take comfort knowing you did your best to help her during this dreadful virus. May God bless you and your children. Rip Ora Wood.
Ronald Sikes

Post by Ronald Sikes »

Terry , so sorry to hear this. Prayers for you and all of her friends and family.
Show Pro #26 & #83,BJS bars,Stereo Steel,Tommy Huff cabs loaded with JBL D130's, Wampler pedals,NV112,NV400, Steelers Choice Seats
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Condolences. I can associate as I lost a younger brother to COVID in January.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Joe Krumel

Post by Joe Krumel »

Terry, Thinking of you and families. We're here for you.JK
Last edited by Joe Krumel on 27 Jul 2021 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Terry, Jean and I are really saddened by this news. We send our thoughts and prayers out to you and the families. God Bless all of you.
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Very sorry for your loss, Terry.
Bob Tuttle

Post by Bob Tuttle »

So sorry Terry.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Thanks everyone! I am sad for her and all the others. Her death and my Friend Corky Davis brings it to 16 now that I have personally known who have died of Covid. That's not to mention the 75 or 80 that I knew whom had it. Sad times
David Hodan

So Sad!

Post by David Hodan »

It's so sad to have a loss like this. These times and circumstances don't diminish that. Take comfort in how blessed the 29 years were. The legacy will live on in Zane and any siblings.

dh
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Terry,My Condolences.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
G Strout

Post by G Strout »

Sorry for your loss Terry. Take comfort in the fact that as a Christian she is in a far better place now.
Melbert 8, Remington S8,Remington D8, Rick B6, Tremblay 6 lap steel, Marlen S-10 4&4, Old Guild M75 and Artist Award, Benedetto Bravo, Epiphone Century Electar (the real one) and a bunch of old lap steels.... mostly Ricks and Magnatones'
Daniel Dickie

Post by Daniel Dickie »

I am sorry to hear that Terry. It is a terrible disease which we all need to realise is still around and getting worse in many areas around the world.
I am glad that you were able to care for her prior to hospital and obviously you both had an amicable relationship until the end.
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Terry, Ora treated you good, and I know you loved her. Ora was a beautiful person in so many ways! It makes me so sad to hear of her passing. As you know my fiddle player Ernie Jackson, and his wife got COVID. His wife died and Ernie is still on oxygen. Some people have called Joy and me lab rats for getting the shots, but we have not been sick. I hope you and Zane stay safe.
Michael McGee

Post by Michael McGee »

Terry, just now seeing this. Heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Praying for you. If I can help you, I am a phone call away.
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Prayers for you and your son Terry during this most difficult time.
Jon Kostal

Post by Jon Kostal »

Sorry for your loss, Terry. I don't know you personally only through your posts here. My condolences.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Thank You Friends! This has been a difficult time for me and my family. After almost 50 years it's hard to let someone go! Knowing that she is in a better place, makes it easier. Friends praying for us all and supporting us really helps and means a lot! Again Thank each of You!
Allen Howington

Condolences

Post by Allen Howington »

I'm so sorry Terry, I can't imagine........
Tiny Olson

Post by Tiny Olson »

Terry... My deepest sympathies and prayers go out for you in your loss of Ora. Amen to what you said about her being in a better place now. As a Christian believer, she's most definitely with Jesus in a better place..!!

Sincerely,
Chris "Tiny" Olson
Richard McDonald

Post by Richard McDonald »

Terry, so sorry for your loss.
Praying for you & your familys
peace and comfort.

RM.