Emmons SD-10 LeGrande (II)

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
David Fleming

Emmons SD-10 LeGrande (II)

Post by David Fleming »

SD-10 on a D-10 frame. 3x5. Emmons, E's on the right. Billy Knowles restoration in 2018. 14 Holes. Reliable and solid. Looks, plays and sounds just like an Emmons. Cush Case. No VP. I have two D-10 PPs. I just don't play it much anymore. More pics upon request. $3,200 + shipping and insurance.
Philip Mitrakos

Post by Philip Mitrakos »

E's on right ? ? ?
David Fleming

Post by David Fleming »

Yes, sir. RKL.
Ron Pruter

Post by Ron Pruter »

Boy, What a beauty. But David, Why E's on the right?
Emmons SKH Le Grande, '73 P/J bass, Tick tack bass, Regal high strung, and a Coral Sitar, USA Nashville 112.
David Fleming

Post by David Fleming »

It’s not unusual. I started on Sho-Buds. That’s where they put them. It’s just what you’re used to. No advantage/disadvantage in my opinion. And, I’m too old to change.
David Fleming

Post by David Fleming »

Should I clarify? I lower my E’s with RKL and raise them with LKL
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

Just recently bought a Rains with this setup...I have to say, after sitting down with it for the first few minutes, I think I prefer it now...
Ron Pruter

Post by Ron Pruter »

Yes that's what I use but it did infer that the R/R was an E raise. Thanks for clearing that up. That might have turned someone off. Thanks, RP- Sweet Guitar!
Emmons SKH Le Grande, '73 P/J bass, Tick tack bass, Regal high strung, and a Coral Sitar, USA Nashville 112.
David Fleming

Post by David Fleming »

Ron, you are exactly right. After I thought about your post for a while, I thought I should probably clarify. I appreciate your insight, sir.
Ron Hogan

Post by Ron Hogan »

Paul Franklins are on the right too.

I started playing Sho-Bud and that’s the way they were.
Dan Behringer

Post by Dan Behringer »

I also lower my E’s with the RKL because that’s the way I learned and I’m too stubborn to change. However… I have to admit the Emmons set-up lowering the E’s with the LKR makes more sense. I was noodling around once and wanted to lower my 4th and 2nd string at the same time, then realized it was impossible with my set-up.
You’re never going to raise and lower a E string at the same time, so it makes sense to have them both on the same knee.
Dean Holman

Post by Dean Holman »

Dan Behringer wrote:I also lower my E’s with the RKL because that’s the way I learned and I’m too stubborn to change. However… I have to admit the Emmons set-up lowering the E’s with the LKR makes more sense. I was noodling around once and wanted to lower my 4th and 2nd string at the same time, then realized it was impossible with my set-up.
You’re never going to raise and lower a E string at the same time, so it makes sense to have them both on the same knee.
I
I lower 2 and 9 on LKR, so, lowering the E’s on RKL, works the same way as lowering the E’s on LKR, and lowering 2 and 9 on the RKR. Otherwise, your right, it doesn’t work as well if your lowering E’s and lowering 2 and 9, on the same side. A lot of stuff is played, with the combination of lowering the E’s and lowering 2 and 9. If a person’s insistent on lowering 2 and 9 on the RKR, it would definitely be more beneficial, to lower the E’s on LKR.
Dean Holman

Post by Dean Holman »

By the way, that is a very nice looking Emmons, someone will get a great guitar.
Vic Lawson

Post by Vic Lawson »

I’ll take it, PM sent
Rittenberry Steel Guitars, Eminence Speakers, Milkman Amplifiers, GHS strings,Lava Cables,
David Fleming

Sold - Pending Payment

Post by David Fleming »

Thanks everybody. You guys are so cool.