Mike Bourque hitting road with Gene Watson

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Andy Vance

Mike Bourque hitting road with Gene Watson

Post by Andy Vance »

I heard that Mike is hitting the road with Gene Watson soon. If they are in your area, that would be a great show to see. Mike plays his hind end off....and what can be said about Gene, other than he's a living legend, at least to me.
Last edited by Andy Vance on 16 Jun 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny Olson

Post by Tiny Olson »

You're correct Andy, Mike will be doing the live shows with Gene out on the road.

After playing all those years for Gene in the 70s and 80s, he and I still keep in touch. I spoke to him last week and he told me that Mike had just come on board.

Should be an awesome show..!!! I agree with you, Gene is a living legend.
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Tiny, I saw you backing Gene at the Palamino Club in N. Hollywood, must have been the early 90s. I was blown away by your picking! And Gene is an all-time fave country artist of mine, I wish he and George Strait and Alan Jackson and Marty Stuart could somehow live forever and keep putting out great music.

Howdy, Andy Vance, you guys picking live yet?
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Andy Vance

Post by Andy Vance »

Hey John! We have been picking some, yes. Bookings are starting to come in and now that I'm working with three different bands, my calendar is filling quickly.

You doing any picking these days or just teaching? I hope you well, sir!
Tiny Olson

Post by Tiny Olson »

Hey John... I sent you a PM man. Thanks..!!
John Lacey

Post by John Lacey »

That’s great news. I’ve been watching Mike play almost since he started in Calgary. I was blown away by his intensity and dedication. I thought that I was obsessed!!
Greg Derksen

Post by Greg Derksen »

I agree, Congrats Mike, you will sound great!

Greg
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Andy, glad you guys are back in action, I'll come out and heckle you one of these days. Just teaching nowadays, and super busy, probably the pandemic forcing everyone to learn about Skype, Zoom and webcams to blame!
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net