Custom Steel Guitar Cases with Wheels

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Eric Dahlhoff

great cases

Post by Eric Dahlhoff »

I bought a set of split cases for my ZB from Hugh.
The quality of workmanship is just excellent.
Really nice.
"To live outside the law you must be honest." (Bob Dylan)
Hugh Briley

Eric

Post by Hugh Briley »

Thanks for those kind words Eric. Good to hear from you. You did a great restoration on that ZB. Thanks for allowing me to build cases for it. I only hope the cases do the guitar justice. Great job Eric.
Cherokee SD-10
Emmons D-10 Lashley LeGrande
Telonics 12
Walker Seat
dhb Custom Split Cases
dhb Custom SD-10 Case
Hugh Briley

Custom Steel Guitar Cases with Wheels

Post by Hugh Briley »

Want to take a minute to thank all the guys that have allowed me to build cases for them and for those who have taken the time to look at my post here. Thanks for working with me to get the information needed to build the best case possible for your guitar. You have real treasures in those guitars. I appreciate your business.

Hugh Briley
dhb Custom Cases
Apex NC 27502
Cherokee SD-10
Telonics 12
Walker Seat
dhb Custom Split Cases
dhb Custom SD-10 Case
Jack Goodson

email sent

Post by Jack Goodson »

hugh: i sent you an email....thanks jack
Dan Auldridge

steel case

Post by Dan Auldridge »

Hello Hugh. I am the proud owner of a 1983 crown gearless sierra 12 string uni. my case is some wore out. I built one and missed it by a half an inch because of the toggle switches. so I would like some info on approximate cost. if you need the measurements please contact me.. thank you and have a great day ...Dan
Tim Tyner

Post by Tim Tyner »

Love my Briley split cases.Superb workmanship!!!
Art Beard

Great split cases

Post by Art Beard »

Should i post my inquiry or use pm??
"like an old stallion, lonely for freedom, still trying to out run the wind" Seals,Setser,& Davey.
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.
Art Beard

Custom cases

Post by Art Beard »

Would you know the dimensions of a 68-72 AN D10?? Art
"like an old stallion, lonely for freedom, still trying to out run the wind" Seals,Setser,& Davey.
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.
Richard Stoops

Post by Richard Stoops »

Hugh, I would like to get a case for my Wilcox single with pad. I plan to carry the removable things in a pouch that I have, so I only need a case for the guitar. I would like to get an idea of the weight and a ball-park on the price. My email is fordy7@frontier.com.

Thanks,
Dick Stoops
Richard Stoops

split guitar cases

Post by Richard Stoops »

I just unpacked my new split guitar cases by Hugh. They are every bit as nice as the pictures and the workmanship is first rate. The guitar fits in the case like it was made for it...which it was. Hugh makes every effort to assure the proper fit and finish. I'm very well pleased.
Larry Sasser

Cases with wheels

Post by Larry Sasser »

Do you have a price list?
Charles Rodrigues

Custom Cases

Post by Charles Rodrigues »

I just received my custom cases by Hugh Briley for my Carter D10. The workmanship is beyond words. My Carter and case with wheels weighs 40.6 lbs and the smaller case containing the pedals and rods weighs 21.8 lbs.

I received my cases in 21 days from first inquiring. It was very easy to work with Hugh getting him the exact measurements needed to build these glove like cases.
Allen Howington

Cases

Post by Allen Howington »

I have had the pleasure of meeting Hugh and his very sweet wife many times. They both are top notch classy country folks that love music, and especially country music. He has built cases for me quite a few times, and nothing comes "short" on all the work and master craftsmanship that Hugh puts in your case(s) putting it together. If Hugh builds you a case and for some odd reason something is not quite right with it, I have known him to kick that one aside and build another one from scratch, he is that proud of his work. Expect nothing less than perfection if you ever decide to let Hugh build you any kind of case.

Allen Howington
Last edited by Allen Howington on 5 Feb 2020 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Briley

Hugh Briley cases

Post by Hugh Briley »

Some of my recent builds. Thanks for all the kind words. Right back at you guys. I could not do what I do without your patients and help.
Hugh
Cherokee SD-10
Telonics 12
Walker Seat
dhb Custom Split Cases
dhb Custom SD-10 Case
Tommy Auldridge

Oh Hell yeah !

Post by Tommy Auldridge »

The absolute best......
Landon Johnson

Are there still cases available?

Post by Landon Johnson »

I'm thinking of split cases for my Carter Sd-10... or at least a single case with wheels.
Kevin Dionne

Cases

Post by Kevin Dionne »

Hugh, one of your pictures (above) shows a tweed case with wheels. Are those wheels available so I can attach them to my Brand new case that came with my new GFI EXPO. If they are, how much and do you also have the handels ? Kevin, 813-310-0607 or e-mail Kvn_dionne@yahoo.com. Thank you
Mike Holder

Post by Mike Holder »

A star is born!!... and he makes the best instrument case money can buy! I received mine today and can’t find enough good things to say about it, it’s perfect!!... thanks very much Hugh, couldn’t be happier!
I thought Nashville was the roughest, but I know I’ve said the same about them all.
I received my education, drivin through the Nation listenin to Paul!.. ( Franklin that is! )
Steve Goodson

Marlen case needed

Post by Steve Goodson »

I need a case for my D-10 Marlen. Do you have a phone number so I can call?
Johnny Baker

Post by Johnny Baker »

Well, I missed out on my last steel. I hand built my case for a Carter, that I had, but didn't get a case for it. Sold it with the case I built and it actually survived Fed Ex shipping to NC. If I had seen your thread, I'd had you build the case, instead of me. But now that I know where to find you, I know who to turn to for a new case.
I am currently running a Simmons SD10, Peavey Nashville 400 that's packing a 15" BW, Peavey Delta Fex effects processor, and a Match Box. Best rig I've ever run and the sound is truly incredible.
Darrell Denton

Re: Custom Steel Guitar Cases with Wheels

Post by Darrell Denton »

Hugh Briley wrote:Please check out the pictures of my custom built steel guitar cases. If you like what you see I will gladly build one for your steel.

dhb
Custom Cases
Apex, NC (Raleigh area)

Email: dhb_customcases@yahoo.com
Mullen RP SD10 ,, hilton pedal, walker goldface w/BW Cabinet.
Hugh Briley

dhb Custom Cases

Post by Hugh Briley »

I am not taking any orders for cases at this time due to my suppliers of hardware are no longer able to replinish their stock. I can no longer get the hardware I need to continue building cases. Thanks to all my customers in the past for their orders. Hopefully the supply and demand chain will eventually catch up and I will re-evaluate the situation at that time. Thank you all and keep on pickin'.

Hugh Briley
Cherokee SD-10
Telonics 12
Walker Seat
dhb Custom Split Cases
dhb Custom SD-10 Case
Tyler Nuffer

Post by Tyler Nuffer »

Hi Hugh, just sent you an email. Thanks!