Hello and Thank you!

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Darryl Coyne

Hello and Thank you!

Post by Darryl Coyne »

Hello all, as a new member to this forum I would like to let you know that it has been a great help over the last couple of years while I was building my PSG. It seems only right to sign up so that I can say thank you to all of the contributors who have posted information about builds, setup etc... here. The PSG has been finished for about a year so far and seems to work well. I have never even seen a “real” one in person so I have nothing to compare it to but finally learning this great instrument is a dream come true for me. Sorry to get so personal and wordy. I just want to let the forum contributors know how grateful I am for the help! Hopefully my experience will be useful to others when the time comes.
again,
Image Thank you!
Ian Rae

Post by Ian Rae »

That's a fine-looking machine - congratulations! I built one a few years back but it didn't look like that :(
Make sleeping dogs tell the truth!
Homebuilt keyless U12 7x5, Excel keyless U12 8x8, Williams keyless U12 7x8, Telonics rack and 15" cabs
Richard Stoops

Hello

Post by Richard Stoops »

Hello and welcome to steel guitar forum. That's a beautiful guitar, bet it sounds great. Good job.
Dick
Emmons and Rittenberry Steel guitars plus assorted 6 string guitars
Colin Swinney

Post by Colin Swinney »

Well done! What are the designs for the fret markers?
Darryl Coyne

Fret markers

Post by Darryl Coyne »

Thank you for the welcome!

I love my backyard chickens so thats what I went with. The fret board was the last thing done and somewhat haphazard. with everything else ready, I just wanted to get started playing. The fretboard is just printer paper glued to sheet metal with modge podge and taped down. the idea was to install magnets in the neck and make multiple fretboards to change with the mood. Maybe I'll circle back to that idea one day.

Joe Cook

Post by Joe Cook »

Very impressive, Darryl! Have fun. :D
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

cool guitar Darryl, love the chicken neck! Congrats!
Bill Sutton

Post by Bill Sutton »

Great job on a beautiful Guitar...Its called "Chicken Pickin" LOL.
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

Looks great, Darryl!

Got a pic or two of the underside?
Darryl Coyne

Underside

Post by Darryl Coyne »

A man after my own heart asking whats under the hood.
When building it I was scouring the web for pictures of what the underside should look like. If you have building experience, I would love to see some pics/talk shop.
Unfortunately, this is where the real amateur shows through. The changer is based on the Gluck DVD becuase it seemed quick and easy to make. If your not familiar with it, I think I have pictures of it. The rest of what you see probably looks pretty familiar. if you see anything that screams "Uh Oh" please let me know. The Gluck DVD was helpful but only goes so far. there was a lot of improvising and do-overs.