Does Mo Pitney have a steel player?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

George Kimery

Post by George Kimery »

Mo is doing a concert Friday the 19th 7 pm at Freedom hall in Johnson City, TN. If he has a steel player, I might go. I've had my shots.
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

George..There are videos of live performances on Youtube featuring Eddy Lange on steel guitar, do not know if he uses him on the road.
Last edited by David Nugent on 17 Mar 2021 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Lange

Post by Kevin Lange »

When Mo does full band shows Eddie Lange is the steel player.
Dale Foreman

Mo Pitney

Post by Dale Foreman »

Used to be Dan Gaylsh!
Rittenberry Prestige(2)
Ian Rae

Post by Ian Rae »

I saw a YouTube of a TV show with Mike Johnson on steel, but he might have been attached to the show rather than Mo.
Make sleeping dogs tell the truth!
Homebuilt keyless U12 7x5, Excel keyless U12 8x8, Williams keyless U12 7x8, Telonics rack and 15" cabs
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Yes, Dan was his road player until he went to work for Joe Diffie (RIP). Mike was probably the staff player on whatever show you saw them on.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
George Kimery

Does Mo Pitney have a steel player

Post by George Kimery »

I asked Eddie Lange and he said Mo is working solo Friday at Freedom Hall. It's a big Coliseum, I hope he doesn't get lost on the big stage. As much as I like Mo, with no band and no steel, no me.
Rene Brosseau

Shows

Post by Rene Brosseau »

They do this a lot in Canada...they don’t tell you it’s an acoustic only show until the day of the show...usually on the radio..but your ticket price reflects as if you’re going to see a whole band...it’s a dirty trick if you ask me! More money for the promoter I think...not the artists
Franklin #130, Melobar Skreemer, Wechter Scheerhorn Resonator, Nashville 112, Boss DD 3 &/or Profex II
George Kimery

Post by George Kimery »

Rene, you are right. Thank goodness for the forum and Eddie Lange. I would have really been pissed if I had bought my girlfriend and myself tickets and no band in a hugh arena. I would have walked out and demanded my money back.
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Is he the headliner or opening act? Just curious. I would be more upset if he was the headliner. Mo is great, but I much prefer him with a full band than the acoustic shows I have seen on YouTube.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
George Kimery

Post by George Kimery »

I don't know what's going on. I just went to Mo's tour schedule and he's supposed to be performing 100 miles away in Knoxville on the 19th, along with two other artists I've never heard of. He is no longer listed on the Freedom Hall website.
George Kimery

Does Mo Pitney have a steel player

Post by George Kimery »

I think I've figured out what's happened. A couple of months ago, there was an announcement that Mo was going to be at Freedom Hall in JC on the 19th, so I posted it on my calender. A couple of days ago, that announced popped up on my screen as a reminder. The concert was apparently cancelled and moved to Knoxville.