Marlen Parts

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Rick McDuffie

Marlen Parts

Post by Rick McDuffie »

Hi folks. I was very active on the Forum for several years in the early 2000s, but life took me in new directions, and I haven't been seen at all (by you) for quite some time. Thanks to b0b for allowing me back in to offer this stuff for sale/trade... or whatever.

What I have here are some Marlen/Speedy West logos, some fretboards, a couple of knee levers, and a few other assorted pieces. I've been cleaning out my storage space and came across this stuff. It was given to me by Lenny Stadler, the late son of Leonard, when Lenny took me on a guided tour through his dad's shop in Reidsville, NC 15+ years ago.

Some of these fretboards are aluminum. Those on the far Right in the photo (there's a small stack of them)are actually paper. In the early days, Leonard used a paper fretboard covered with a piece of plexiglass. I also have a couple of his pre-cut pieces of plexiglass for covering the paper fretboards.

I'd love to see these things end up on the hands of someone who loves the Marlen guitars the way I used to... I had 5 or 6 of them and I preferred the sound and and ease of tuning/playing over the one Emmons and several Sho Buds I owned.

Is there someone on the Forum these days who is the resident "guru" on Marlen? Ricky Davis used to work on my Marlens, but I've lost touch with him.

Probably what I need to do is to ask you guys to point me to the person who "obviously" should have this stuff. Does that make sense?

I'm not entirely sure all these are Marlen parts, but some of you will surely know.

Mike Ritchie

Post by Mike Ritchie »

PM sent.
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Hey Rick; I got your message and yes I remember you and working on some Marlen's...GREAT to HAVE YA BACK.
Yes all those mechanical parts are later model Sho~bud. But Yes those Speedy West plates are the real deal and some VERY VERY hard to find Marlen Fretboards....needle in haystack bro.
I don't have any Marlen's and that Marlen stuff needs to go to Marlen owners....but I Work on Sho~bud's all the time of course...and could VERY MUCH use that stuff.
Ricky Davis
548 Hampton St.
Buda, Tx 78610

what is your paypal; I'll send ya some shipping bux.
Hey do you still have some/one Marlen left....let's see what I did and if it held up????ha...
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Tim Johnson

Marlen parts

Post by Tim Johnson »

Pm’d you
Rick McDuffie

Post by Rick McDuffie »

Moderator, please close this one up. Found a home for these parts. Thanks!
Rick McDuffie

Post by Rick McDuffie »

Ricky, I'm playing guitar only these days... don't own a steel at present. But I have some great photos of the Marlens and that "Spirit" Speedy West you resurrected. I'll try to pull some of them together and post them one day soon... that was beautiful work! The Speedy West was sold before I could get it back to North Carolina!