Dewain Maye RIP

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

john buffington

Dewain Maye RIP

Post by john buffington »

Dewain Maye, Tulsa area steel guitarist, passed away Feb.7., from Covid-19. Long time member of the OSGA (Okla.) and Oklahoma Fiddlers Assoc. No arrangement details available at this time.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Sorry to hear of Dewain Maye's passing. I got to know him thru the Steel Guitar Shows in Oklahoma, Kansas and Arkansas. He was a Great Guy and Loved Steel Guitar. This makes 13 that I have personally known that have died with Covid 19, since July 2020. Please wear a Mask, Social Distance and stay safe! Prayers for his Family and Many Friends!
Wesley Medlen

Post by Wesley Medlen »

It is a sad day to hear of this. I just received a phone call that he had passed. He and I were good friends also he was a great steel player he also had COPD. Rest in piece buddy. Wes
Justice S10 Jr, Gibson Electra 6string, Boss Katana 100, Steelers Choice ,Gretsch 6 string lap, Hilton VP
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

This is such sad news. Dewain was such a nice guy. Always there to help out. Just a good old boy. RIP Sir,J.R.Rose
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

This is sad news. We've known Dewain for many years.
Our sincere condolences to his family. Rest in peace dear friend and go be with Our Precious Lord.
….Roy and Barbara
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

My thoughts and prayers for the family. Another Covid19 tragedy claims a patron of the arts. He will be sorely missed in our circle of friends.
Ron Frederiksen

Post by Ron Frederiksen »

Sure did hate to hear this, he was a good man and always good to everyone. I considered him a friend !!! R.I.P.
🙏🙏🙏 FOR THE FAMILY !!
Richard McDonald

Post by Richard McDonald »

💔
Beverly Harris

Arrangements

Post by Beverly Harris »

So far, we have not heard of any funeral arrangements. Of course, Oklahoma has had some bad weather. The family may be facing difficulties in travel. Hopefully we will hear plans.