12 string lap steel build with audio sample

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Bill Hatcher

12 string lap steel build with audio sample

Post by Bill Hatcher »

finishing up a 12 string lap steel for a forum member. nice decades old figured maple. E66 pickup vol and tone. 22.5" scale. i used his tuning which i think is the reece anderson 12 string non pedal tuning reece used. the low A is a .068! huge. at first i thought i would just sparingly use the low strings, but what the heck they are there, so lets use them! the tune is the standard "body and soul". i changed the chords around to suit the tuning and had some fun with the groove. dont hear hear to much solo lap steel with the low bass part playing along so it was a challenge to find. hard to play the low string open and use the bar on the inner strings while the low string is still ringing. thanks for listening. let me know if i can build one of these for you! click on download. media fire is a safe site. https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tpljbr ... l.mp3/file
Share this:
Joe Elk

Post by Joe Elk »

Bill That is Mighty Fine Lucking Steel!
Joe Elk Central Ohio
Travis Brown

Post by Travis Brown »

Beautiful guitar, and beautiful playing!
Raymond Craig

new12

Post by Raymond Craig »

nice looking and sounding steel
as far as the tuning is it
1.d.b.g.e.c.a.g.e.c.a.f.d,?
the tuning I just listed is the only one I know of reese"s, if you know of others please share
J.D.White

Post by J.D.White »

The tuning that I asked Bill to put on it - is from here.

https://b0b.com/wp/copedents/maurice-an ... s/#C6thLap

As Bill has been sending me progress photos I've watched the quality and detail that he puts into his instruments. I am really looking forward to playing it. (and practicing a lot !)