BEWARE!!! Ebay scam Zum is up again.

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Jim Fogarty

BEWARE!!! Ebay scam Zum is up again.

Post by Jim Fogarty »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zumsteel-Pedal ... SwhzRgFKzJ

This steel has been up many, many times. It's a scam where they don't want you to buy it, or even message them, through eBay.

I would avoid at all costs!
Jim Saunders

Hey There

Post by Jim Saunders »

Mekes me wonder. The seller has 28909 prior sales with a 99.5% satisfaction rating. That carries a lot of credibility with Ebay buyers.
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

I know eBay is a huge entity, but don't they have some watchdogs there? Obviously they can't police every ad, but this same Zum scam's been up at least a half dozen times. Seems like some red flags would be popping up with them.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

just report it to eBay , every time he posts this, we’ll take it down , no problem
Gene Tani

Post by Gene Tani »

It's a formerly legit account that's been compromised. To report:

Scroll down to Description/Shipping and payments tabs.

On the right hit "Report" then "Listing Practices" and "Banned payment Methods"
- keyless Sonny Jenkins laps stay in tune forever!; Carter PSG
- The secret sauce: polyester sweatpants to buff your picks, cheapo Presonus channel strip for preamp/EQ/compress/limiter, Diet Mountain Dew
Dustin Elmore

zum

Post by Dustin Elmore »

Too bad it's a sham.. the color scheme is fantastic!
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Many red flags that should alert any potential buyer. Seller's email in a picture. Sellers aren't allowed to post email addresses. All communication is done through eBay. Anyway, it doesn't match up with the compromised seller's account.

The scammer lists California as item location. The compromised account is a clothing busines somewhere in Europe. If you go the store or other items buttons, you will see the same thing. Lots of musical instruments and Rolex watches etc. Many of them use that same contact picture with the same $3000 price even.
James Holland

Post by James Holland »

There's a rash of these, I think they intercept random accounts, and produce fake postings. Last year I was finding listings on high dollar instruments, that somehow were showing up in searches, and somehow when I clicked the item, it fwd'd to a clever faked Ebay page! Even had a fake "report item" link.
Charles Stange

Post by Charles Stange »

this seller has over 40 different guitars listed, all with off eBay contact info listed.....?.......

this should be over soon...this scammer has over 9000 fraudulent auctions going !
Charles 'Skip' Stange
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Also, his shipping costs are $27.00, regardless if it is a wristwatch or Bridgeport milling machine. I wonder how much this low life piece of s#!t makes off his scams, and why he can't be caught.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Carl Kilmer

Post by Carl Kilmer »

This morning he said it was in PA. but it
the shipping would be out of Cal.
www.ebay.com unexpectedly closed the connection.
aka "Lucky Kay"--Custom built Rittenberry SD10 3X5, Walker S/S, NV-112, and Hilton Pedal