Black Box - no sound

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Terry Srader

Black Box - no sound

Post by Terry Srader »

plugged in my Sarno Black Box between pedal and my amp -- no sound whatsoever. I have not removed the case to look - is there a fuse inside or how would one troubleshoot. Thanks for any guidance.
Jim Cooley

Post by Jim Cooley »

Terry - You've probably checked this, but it's simple, just in case. My Black Box has a detachable power cord. Have you checked to make sure it hasn't worked loose and is fully seated?

Brad Sarno makes the Black Box. He is a forum member, and is very responsive.

https://www.sarnomusicsolutions.com/
Terry Srader

Post by Terry Srader »

Jim Cooley wrote:Terry - You've probably checked this, but it's simple, just in case. My Black Box has a detachable power cord. Have you checked to make sure it hasn't worked loose and is fully seated?

Brad Sarno makes the Black Box. He is a forum member, and is very responsive.

https://www.sarnomusicsolutions.com/

Thanks for your response Jim. Mine has integrated power cord (non-detachable). It does power up. I'll reach out to Brad unless he sees this post first.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Could be a tube failure. Try plugging and unplugging the jacks a few times and swap the tube out.
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

It won't make any difference if it works or not but your Black Box goes in between the guitar and the volume pedal, not after the volume pedal.
George Kimery

Black Box- no sound

Post by George Kimery »

When the tube went bad in mine, I got distortion. Your tube may have died. See if it lights up. Cheap and easy to replace. As Denny said, guitar > Black Box > volume pedal.