What pickup is this?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Terry Srader

What pickup is this?

Post by Terry Srader »

Installed on Carter '03 SD-10 model. What is a good upgrade pickup?
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Looks like a TrueTone pickup from that angle; made by the late Jerry Wallace(RIP) and there's NO upgrade; it's the best single coil pickup ever made. But if you want a humbucker; I'm sure there's plenty of suggestions from guys that like them.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Terry Srader

Post by Terry Srader »

Ricky Davis wrote:Looks like a TrueTone pickup from that angle; made by the late Jerry Wallace(RIP) and there's NO upgrade; it's the best single coil pickup ever made. But if you want a humbucker; I'm sure there's plenty of suggestions from guys that like them.
Ricky
Thanks Ricky. As I see a little "rusty" spots on the contacts, can this be cleaned with maybe some steel wool or other??? without causing problems?
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

Terry..Would not recommend using steel wool, 'Mothers' aluminum polish would most likely clean the posts without risk of scratching the case..If you wish to change the pickup however, have a 'George L E-66' for even trade (Most likely the factory installed unit when your guitar was built).
Last edited by David Nugent on 25 Jan 2021 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terry Srader

Post by Terry Srader »

David Nugent wrote:Terry..Would not recommend using steel wool, 'Mothers' aluminum polish would most likely clean the posts without risk of scratching the case.
Excellent! Thanks for letting me know.
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

Terry..trade offer added to my previous post.
Jim Cooley

Post by Jim Cooley »

You might be able to remove the rust using an old fashioned red rubber eraser. A white art eraser might work even better.