NEW PRICE - Emmons PP 8 and 5 BLACK - #3600.00 US

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Jimmy Steelman

NEW PRICE - Emmons PP 8 and 5 BLACK - #3600.00 US

Post by Jimmy Steelman »

Emmons PP purchased in 1981 by Brian Adams - ser#6422. After I bought it I had Albert Johnson do a total rebuild in Jan/2011. Emmons setup with 8 & 5. 705 pickups on both necks but I also have originals (included). Mr. Johnson had new design for ABC pedals - can be changed back as I will include original rods and springs. There are 2 tiny scratches on one end plate. Also in key head area of E9, in the formica, as someone didn't know how to restring. Otherwise guitar is excellent with Emmons sound. $3600.00 US funds, plus shipping. I don't want to sell, but new guitar coming. On some of the pics there is a reflection from oak cabinets, but there is no discolorization on guitar itself.

ImageNEW PRICE
Last edited by Jimmy Steelman on 23 Dec 2020 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'75 lacquer Emmons PP D10, '81 Emmons PP D10, Rittenberry Prestige D10. Webb amp, 2 Walker Stereo Steel,Hilton Volume Pedal, Black Box, MatchBro, Live Strings.
Rich Upright

Post by Rich Upright »

Hey Jimmy; Don't know if you remember me; I played guitar with your band New Years Eve a number of years back in Florida, with Lani Copp on Drums...would you be interested in a swap for an Emmons LeGrande D-10; almost brand new? I am local in Florida.
A couple D-10s,some vintage guitars & amps, & lotsa junk in the gig bag.
Jimmy Steelman

Emmons PP

Post by Jimmy Steelman »

Hi, Rich: I remember you and the evening well! Fun times. Sending PM.
'75 lacquer Emmons PP D10, '81 Emmons PP D10, Rittenberry Prestige D10. Webb amp, 2 Walker Stereo Steel,Hilton Volume Pedal, Black Box, MatchBro, Live Strings.
Jimmy Steelman

Emmons PP

Post by Jimmy Steelman »

TTT
Robert Crenwelge

Post by Robert Crenwelge »

Beautiful guitar, I have #6505 these are great sounding guitars for sure!
82 Emmons PP, Quilter Steelaire Rack, Vistage JBL, Hilton Pedal, BJS Bars and John Pearse strings!
Robert Crenwelge

Post by Robert Crenwelge »

If I can sell another gun I’ll be calling for this one!
82 Emmons PP, Quilter Steelaire Rack, Vistage JBL, Hilton Pedal, BJS Bars and John Pearse strings!
Jimmy Steelman

Emmons PP

Post by Jimmy Steelman »

Thank you Robert. Good Luck! Let me know how you make out.
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

Wow! That red guitar just sucked one of my eyeballs clean out of its socket!
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Has this Emmons sold?
Nice one.
Jimmy Steelman

Emmons PP

Post by Jimmy Steelman »

Yes, the guuitar is still for sale.
Patrick Huey

Re: Emmons PP

Post by Patrick Huey »

Jimmy Steelman wrote:Yes, the guuitar is still for sale.
Jimmie
The most awesome Emmons I ever played was a Bryan Adams build w/ 9 on the floor n 10 knees.
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!
Jimmy Steelman

Emmons PP

Post by Jimmy Steelman »

Hi, Patrick, I hear you! It is a wonderful guitar to play. The sound is excellent. I was thinking of keeping it, but right now it is still for sale.
Marty Broussard

Post by Marty Broussard »

Image Could someone comment/explain the origins and intention for the heat shrink and the pull-rod guide circled in red? I don’t want to get off topic; I like those devices and wondering about them…
"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
Marty Broussard

Could someone comment/explain the origins and intention for the heat shrink and the pull-rod guide circled in red? I don’t want to get off topic; I like those devices and wondering about them…
"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Image I like the way the abc pedal hooks too the pedal rod hook.

Marty Broussard

Johnie,
Kelcey did that to my ‘66 Bolt-On at my request. It’s obvious that it’s faster/easier to assemble/disassemble the guitar.

Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Marty, it also gives little more leverage which make pedals easier but little longer travel. They also sorta keep the pedal rods from jumping out when no springs are on them.
As far as the heat shrink, some say it takes away a little noise from under guitar and also Eliminates the slop a little that lets rods and hooks hang down.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Jimmy Steelman

EmmonsPP

Post by Jimmy Steelman »

Bump
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

I would like too see the money shot a photo of the Front would be cool"!

Wow beautiful push pull with Albert Johnson's improved undercarriage I like what Albert has done with the ABC PEDAL ROD connector's no return springs. Makes for easier pedal action. There's several improvements on this push pull I see.
I think this will be sold soon. This is not your run of the mill push pull.