Framus pedal steel

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Look at that guitar! They just stacked up single-neck bodies to increase the height of the middle and outside neck! It took 6 single-neck bodies to make that sucker! What a concept! I love it!
Jennings Ward

Post by Jennings Ward »

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IT..I LOVE THE UNIQUE
LOOK OF IT... LOOKS [AS US OLD TIMERS WOULD SAY] "SNAZZY""
JENNINGS U PK;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

------------------
EMMONS D10 10-10 profex 2 deltafex ne1000 pv1000, pv 31 bd eq, +

Jim Gorrie
Location: Edinburgh ~ road works congestion capital of The World.

Post by Jim Gorrie »

Just chipping in here to ask if this is the most International thread that's ever been on the forum ? ?
If you have a look at the various posters, they come from Scotland, England, Spain, France, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, South Africa, U.S.A. and Australia.
That's TEN countries - OR eleven if you count "a confidential source" (Marty Pollard) !
Is this some kind of a record ?
[Now there are still members out there from Brasil, Ireland, Mexico, Sweden, Finland, Thailand, Japan, Canada . . . . ]
(Sorry if I can't comment on Framus PSG's Billy.) <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jim Gorrie on 02 June 2006 at 11:17 AM.]</p></FONT>
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

well,I`m from Croatia but in the early 90`s I was in Germany,I did owned a ABM D-10 that I bought for 500 DM (not sure how many $ that was) but that was cheap,only thing I can remember about that guitar is that I sold it,pretty fast actually.They are ok for a student I guess but as soon as a player starts understanding a differents in tone and mechanics he will look for a better guitar.ABM would be in a class with maverick or something like that.I wouldn`t compare any of the Carter guitars with ABM,the cheapest Carter is probably 3 times better than any ABM.IMHO

Db

------------------
"Promat"
~when tone matters~ www.promatsteelguitars.com

Johan Jansen

Post by Johan Jansen »

Andre Sommer, one of the steelers from United Steels of Europe did a lot of studio-work and touring with this Framus 2000, me too..
You need a sledge-hammer for pushing-pedals, and you have to tune it three times a song, but it sounds ok Image
Johan
Hans Holzherr

Post by Hans Holzherr »

<SMALL>You need a sledge-hammer for pushing-pedals, and you have to tune it three times a song, but it sounds ok</SMALL>

Accurate description.

Hans
Meine Bruinsma

Post by Meine Bruinsma »

My first pedal-steel was a Framus 2000, 8 pedals and 2 kneelevers. They build the C6 setup under the E9 neck and the E9 setup under the C6 neck! So I was a little bit confused ha ha ha..I could not play anything. The steel went back to Germany and I got a new one. I played one year on that steel guitar, later I bought a Sho-Bud, I'm still playing on it.

Meine, www.meinebruinsma.nl
John Davis

Post by John Davis »

"While on E-bay,"

They are practically giving away my MSA 12..... I would gladly take the Framus in part ex.???? Image
John Davis

Post by John Davis »

Sorry, I could not resist! such an international thread and quite a lot from this side of the pond.........there will be a forum donation Image
Per Berner

Post by Per Berner »

...just adding to the international flavor, unfortunately I have never seen a Framus steel. But that triple neck looks cool!
Wolfgang Bednarz

Post by Wolfgang Bednarz »

You don`t need a sledge hammer to push the Pedals and they stay in tune very good when the guitar is right adjusted.
I had many Framus/ABM Steels in my workshop over the years to add kneelevers etc.
The guitars are not very good adjusted when they come out from the factory.The reason is they had the setting card from Frank Baums Steel.They set up any Steel the way Frank has his Steel setup. And Frank like a very hard action. He love to play the Pedals this hard way.
That`s the reason. The ABM can be adjusted that the Pedals going very smoot.
This guitars are not so bad than the most talk about it. ( sorry for my bad spelling)

Wolfgang www.wbssteelguitars.com
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

I remember a guy out here who was a steel guitar dealer had an old Framus D10 for sale years ago -- (and probably still has it!). It was a bit of a beast to look at it, and the changer and undercarriage was not pretty-- while I didn't have a play on it, it sure was not appealing. There is a picture of Frank Baum from Germany playing one in Winnie Winstons book I believe.