Jensen Vibranto speakers

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Stephen Kuester

Jensen Vibranto speakers

Post by Stephen Kuester »

Any of you guys familiar with the Jensen Vibranto speaker?

A friend of mine has a collection of vintage fender amps and accessories. It’s mind blowing. Every now and then he’ll move a few items to make room for something else. He’s letting go of dozens of speakers. Many show very little wear or none at all. I scored a D130 still in the box, never used. There are several more that look promising including a pair of 12” Jensen Vibranto. I’ve been digging around and haven’t been able to find much information. What were they designed for? Do they sound good? Most importantly, should I scoop them up? I could get them both for $100. Should I? Thanks y’all!
Michael Butler

Post by Michael Butler »

even if you can't use them, you can flip them. where is he posting all of his speakers for sale?

they were used as upgrades in some fender amps.

play music!
please see my Snakeskin's Virtual Music Museum below.

http://muscmp.wordpress.com/
Bill A. Moore

Post by Bill A. Moore »

They are great speakers, usually has a MI in the number, also known as Concert. I had Weber recone one for my DR clone, sounds great!

Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

My '64 Twin Reverb had a pair of those when I bought it, and they were pretty good, although I swapped them out for JBL's right away. I was told they were installed under warranty by Fender way back when to replace blown originals.