Benoit Resonators & Reece.....A Great Combination

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Sidney Malone

Benoit Resonators & Reece.....A Great Combination

Post by Sidney Malone »

I was just watching some of the video we shot at the Dallas Show and I ran across the set Reece Anderson did with Carroll Benoit's 8 & 10 string Resonator Guitars. It was some of the best playing on one of the best sounding resonator guitar on the market.

It was the first time I ever saw a 10 string resonator. It was tuned to C6 and had a beautiful sound. I know Reece can make anything sound great but He said himself that Carrol's guitars were as good as any he had ever played.

This was one of the biggest highlights of the weekend for me as I'm sure it was for the others who were fortunate enough to get into the room to hear it!!!!

Great Job, Carroll & Reece!!!!
Jim Burden

Post by Jim Burden »

I agree, I was crammed into that room to hear reece,and it was definitely worth it.Those Guitars sounded great and the back up accoustic man did a fine job.
Jim Burden Bullet Bars
billchav

Post by billchav »

I too spent most of my time listening to Eddie Ortego play the six stringers before Reece managed to crowd his way into the room. Those two really brought out the best sounds of a top quality guitar made by a very fine gentleman.
Jim McCoy

Post by Jim McCoy »

Sidny: I was at the session also. I would like to express my appreciation to Reece Anderson for sharing his talents in a jam session. What a great guy!
Sidney Malone

Post by Sidney Malone »

I agree, Eddie is one of the finest players I've ever heard!! I am fortunate enough to live just down the road from where Eddie and Carroll play every weekend. They are both fine musicians and am glad to know them.
Reece Anderson

Post by Reece Anderson »

Sidney M....Thank you so much for the kind words. If you liked the sound, I can assure you it was Carroll's resonator guitar and certainly not me.

Jim B....Thank you for your compliment. Did you notice I was using one of your great bars? I wouldn't leave home without at least two of them.

Bilchav....I certainly share your opinion concerning Eddie Ortega. He is a marvelous player, but more importantly to me, he's a great guy.

Jim M....Haven't seen you in years. Wish we could have made contact. Glad you were there and enjoyed it.
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

" I used a G6th on the 8 string, tuned top to bottom D/B/G/E/D/B/G/E. On the 10 string I used a C6th top to bottom G/E/C/A/G/E/C/A/F/C "

I cut and pasted that from another thread.
Jeff, that top string sounded a little thin when I was playing around with it. When Reece was playing, it did not sound thin. Hmmm....can't figure why. Must be the cone, the wood, the tailpice, the nut, the bridge, the room acoustics,...maybe my shoes were too tight.... Image