Judy Collins Norway PBS concert Steel Player

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Stu Schulman

Judy Collins Norway PBS concert Steel Player

Post by Stu Schulman »

Bps showed a great Judy Collins live at the Oslo opera house,Win Jon a Fjeld.At one point in the show a pedal steel guitar player on an Emmons D-10 played some really nice stuff...I didn't get his name,but he had it going on!
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

I was curious.....some investigating tells me it was likely Greg Readling of Chatham County Line, the 'house band'. Not a familiar name to me. That Oslo show is out as an album and youtubes of it sound really good.
Bill Erchul

Greg Readling

Post by Bill Erchul »

It's definitely Greg Readling of CCL playing steel w/Judy Collins and Jonas Fjeld. I haven't seen the video yet but know he played a derby green '82 PP (rebuilt by Billy Knowles) on the CD (Winter Stories, Angels in the Snow). Greg said he also plays psg on Amazing Grace during the live show and that Judy "loves the steel!"
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Thanks for the info,I failed to mention how great Judy was singing.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Jon Light

Re: Greg Readling

Post by Jon Light »

Bill Erchul wrote:Greg said ........ that Judy "loves the steel!"
No shock, considering that besides her hall of fame career as a folk singer and a chanteuse, she is in my hall of fame for my first 'whoa, what's that?!' encounter with steel, Someday Soon with BE (historians are debating whether I first heard this or Lloyd Green in You Ain't Going Nowhere).
Joachim Kettner

Post by Joachim Kettner »

I don't care what your historians may debate Jon Light, but my historians know it was You Ain't Going Nowhere two years before I heard Someday Soon.
Fender Kingman, Sierra Crown D-10, Evans Amplifier, Soup Cube.
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Joachim Kettner wrote:I don't care what your historians may debate Jon Light, but my historians know it was You Ain't Going Nowhere two years before I heard Someday Soon.
Oh good. You want the world to know that you think you know which song I heard first. That should work out well for you.
(I do not suggest, anywhere in my post, which song was produced or released first.)
Joachim Kettner

No indeed I want to know nothin about you. You attacked me quite a few times, you remember Chip Fossa? I've sent him something during his illnes, did you?
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Joachim Kettner wrote:No indeed I want to know nothin about you. You attacked me quite a few times, you remember Chip Fossa? I've sent him something during his illnes, did you?
I am not a mental health professional. Can't help you.
Tore Blestrud

Post by Tore Blestrud »

That was Greg, yes. He borrowed my 78' PP for that show. The guitar came from Seymour to Mike Sweeney, then to Bob Knight, and to me in 2007. The guitar has done 100s of gigs in Norway, no issues what so ever, hardly needs tuning :)
Emmons D-10 P/P 78", Franklin D-10, Zum Encore. Sho-Bud LDG
Joachim Kettner

Jon Light wrote:
Joachim Kettner wrote:you remember Chip Fossa? I've sent him something during his illnes, did you?
I am not a mental health professional. Can't help you.
You didn't answer my question
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

Speaking as a MOD:

Jon,
Stay polite, dude. You're approaching violation of our rules.

Everyone,
Be kind to each other. Times are stressful enough.
b0b

Post by b0b »

Don't make me come over there! ;-)

Seriously, no personal attacks. No "he started it" either. It's childish. Nobody wants to read that in a thread about Judy Collins' steel player.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Wow,Its like just woke up from a three year nap...What happened to my thread about about Judy Collins steel guitarist?