Pre&post volume nash 400 amp

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Paul Wade

Pre&post volume nash 400 amp

Post by Paul Wade »

How do you guys set your pre&post volume ona nashville 400 amp.on stage or practice room.....

P.w
William Carter

Post by William Carter »

Peavey has a chart that comes with the NV400 manual that tells exactly how to set it up for a steel guitar. I found it very helpful. Somebody also has posted that chart on this forum, but I don't know how to link to forum posts. I found it by using google for "nashville 400 settings".
Bud Angelotti

Post by Bud Angelotti »

Hey Paul- Just make sure you keep pre lower than post.
Thatsa loud amp for practice/bedroom.
Just 'cause I look stupid, don't mean I'm not.
autry andress

nashville 400

Post by autry andress »

Pre 4 PULLED OUT (Bright) Post 7
Hope you find that Classic MSA....or the DeK-ley slimline.
Take care
Ken Fox

Pre post

Post by Ken Fox »

The post is a master volume knob that controls the preamp signal output to the power amp. I prefer to keep the pre at 6-7 and use the master (post gain) to control my volume. The signal is developed and equalized by the preamp. Choking that down to lower settings and leaving the master at 10 does not allow for the preamp to develop a quality tone

I remember reading comments by Buddy Emmons about setting the volume and sensitivity on the Session 400. He preferred, as I recall a setting of around seven on the volume knob of the Session 400. The volume knob is the same as the Pre gain on the N400. The sensitivity was a master volume, same as the post gain on the N400