Is it just me...or is this crazy???

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Casey Lowmiller

Is it just me...or is this crazy???

Post by Casey Lowmiller »

Here's an auction for a Fender Pedal 800.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7416524566&rd=1&sspagena me=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Currently $1,075.00 with 18 hours to go.
That seems awfully darn high...especially for a stripped/refinished 800. 3 Pedals, 4 Knees & a case...WOW!!!

There's some suspicious bidding going on... then again, perhaps the wrong group of idiots with money are battling out for this gem of a pedal steel.

If anyone would like to give me $1100.00 I have an 800 with 6 pedals & 3 knee levers with room for a 4th...but no case. HaHaHa!!!

Honestly, that should go for what, around $600-700 on a good day???

------------------
Known Coast to Coast as
"The Man with The Plan"

Fender Pedal 800, Fender Champion & a Homemade Double-neck!<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Casey Lowmiller on 28 May 2006 at 04:41 PM.]</p></FONT>
Sonny Priddy

Post by Sonny Priddy »

Not Me. SONNY.

------------------
John Cox

Post by John Cox »

I saw an 8 string pedal Fender at the GC in south Houston. They want 1400.00 for it and the pedals do not work and the cables were hanging loose. Finish looked good though I think that's a little steep for a non-functioning steel. J.C.
Jim Sliff

Post by Jim Sliff »

he Fenders are creeping up in price, but not to that extent. Collectors don't seem to freak about well-installed knee levers...but a stripped finish is a price killer.

This one looks loaded. All the high-price bids are zero-fedback buyers. I smell a rat. When I first saw this one I was very interested, but some medical bills knocked me out of bidding. Now the price is prohibitively high anyway.

Oh, well. I thought it looked like a nice candidate for a good refinish to make it into a sweet "player" guitar.
Tim Jones of Kansas

Post by Tim Jones of Kansas »

my 1000 was $550.

But it's been re-finished, it's far from mint, And it was missing the pedal board. Hehe.
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Almost junk. Image Someone's made a really bad effort to cover the "frame" with wood. Actually, it's not a Fender 800, but half of a Fender 2000! (Notice the big case, and the "cover plate" where the controls used to be.) Crappy refinish job, too. Looks to be partially converted to rods...sacrilege! (Like putting a Legrande changer in a push/pull.) Make no mistake, the <u>biggest</u> advantage of those old Fenders were the cables, which made changing setups a snap. Remove the cables, and you've trashed it's biggest asset.

Disgusting. Now, it's a "parts guitar" at best, with some of the significant parts gone.

Part it out, and put it out of it's (embarrassing) misery. Image <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Donny Hinson on 29 May 2006 at 10:09 AM.]</p></FONT>
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

WOW!! Where's P.T.Barnum when ya really need him?? Image

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.</pre></font>

John Bechtel

Post by John Bechtel »

I think if you just install new strings, all your problems will be over!

------------------
“Big John”
a.k.a. {Keoni Nui}
Current Equipment
Casey Lowmiller

Post by Casey Lowmiller »

Touche Donny!!!

Indeed it does appear to be 1/2 of a 2000!!!

Too bad they don't have the other 1/2. It would probably be sold as a ULTRA-RARE 10 string lap or console Fender like they've never seen...priceless I'm sure.

Too bad keyboards can't convey disgust & sarcasm better!!!

It definitely appears altered/trashed... introducing FRANKENSTEEL!!! Perhaps someone assembled some spare parts & created this monstrosity.

It's a shame that the bidding got that high, usually that seller offers stuff for decent prices & you can score a bargain. I'm definitely convinced that there was some crooked bidding going on...like Jim, I smelled a rat as soon as I looked at the bidding. That's one of the first things I do besides check the sellers feedback... you can never be too safe!!!

I want to get another Fender pedal steel with cables...in 1998 I scored an 800 with 6 pedals, 3 Knees with the possibility of a 4th for $125. I guess them days are over!!!

------------------
Known Coast to Coast as
"The Man with The Plan"

Fender Pedal 800, Fender Champion & a Homemade Double-neck!