Half and full stop 2nd string setup (Zum Encore)

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Patrick Kracunas

Half and full stop 2nd string setup (Zum Encore)

Post by Patrick Kracunas »

Hello!

I am a new member here and recently purchased my first pedal steel...it's a Zum Encore model. I was wondering if anyone had some information on how to setup the half/full stop 2nd string knee lever? The original owner had it setup for just a half tone down. Can I adjust this?

If there's already information on this maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Al Evans

Re: Half and full stop 2nd string setup (Zum Encore)

Post by Al Evans »

Patrick Kracunas wrote:Hello!

I am a new member here and recently purchased my first pedal steel...it's a Zum Encore model. I was wondering if anyone had some information on how to setup the half/full stop 2nd string knee lever? The original owner had it setup for just a half tone down. Can I adjust this?

If there's already information on this maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Basically, after you tune the strings open, you:

1) Tune the full second-string lower D#->C#, knee lever all the way right, with the white nylon tuning nut on the 2nd string.

2) Hold the knee lever so the second string is lowered halfway, to D.

3) Adjust the red tuning nut on the 9th string so that the pull just makes contact with the changer finger.

4) With the knee lever all the way right, adjust the green tuning nut to bring the 9th string up to C#.

That's the procedure given in the manual.

--Al Evans
2018 MSA Legend, 2018 ZumSteel Encore, 2015 Mullen G2, G&L S-500, G&L ASAT, G&L LB-100, Godin A4 Fretless, Kinscherff High Noon
Patrick Kracunas

Post by Patrick Kracunas »

Thanks for the info! Doug sent me a manual.