Pedal Board Hand Controlled

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Roger Robinson

Pedal Board Hand Controlled

Post by Roger Robinson »

I've been looking for a vertical pedal board solution to control by hand. There were a lot of interesting solutions posted across the forum and some wild ideas on other internet sources. I made this one out of things I already had and it seems to work good.

I started with a JamStands amp stand and two single pedal board rails. A few wires and a couple feet of velcro resulted in this. The vertical angle of the pedals can be adjusted by changing the gap in the amp stand legs. The power strip is zip tied to the frame.

Each rail is independent with its own power, attached to the amp stand with velcro, and can be removed and placed in individual cases for travel. I don't use pedals that much, but these are my favorites to toy with at home.

John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Clever, I like it, Roger! If you play out with it, how do you transport it?
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Roger Robinson

Post by Roger Robinson »

Each pedal board rail has a disconnect for the power supply, so the wiring stays in place on each rail and on the amp stand.
Each pedal board has its own case and I have a gig bag that the amp stand fits into.

To transport fully assembled, I think I might have a soft side case that could be used to keep it as is, but I haven't tried that yet.
Bryan Bradfield

Post by Bryan Bradfield »

Wow! Bottom row left hand side has an MXR resonator simulator, and 2 EQ pedals set up with classic reso simulator settings. Redundancy, or does each have a bit of different effectiveness?
Roger Robinson

Post by Roger Robinson »

I usually use the MXR resonator and the Fish & Chips together. I was experimenting with the 3rd EQ pedal in the middle, but I'm not sure I like the results by adding that one. I also tried inserting a Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb, but I preferred the amp reverb over the Danelectro.
Rick Rian

Post by Rick Rian »

Nice concept, thanks for sharing! Have you thought of "Barefoot Buttons" on the switches? they're easier on your hands and a larger target to hit. :)
Roger Robinson

Post by Roger Robinson »

I've never used those. I found them online, so I'll definitely be ordering some of those.

Thanks for suggestion.