Benado Steel Dream Wiring Preference

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Andy Schick

Benado Steel Dream Wiring Preference

Post by Andy Schick »

Looking for a general consensus on the preferred placement of the Benado Steel Dream in setup.

Thanks in advance.

Andy
Rene Brosseau

benato

Post by Rene Brosseau »

Doug Johnson has mine if you want to give him a shout...I believe Ed has one as well...I sold mine because I wanted 2 inputs
Franklin #130, Melobar Skreemer, Wechter Scheerhorn Resonator, Nashville 112, Boss DD 3 &/or Profex II
Billy Murdoch

Post by Billy Murdoch »

I have My steel dream after the volume pedal then straight to the amp. With every effect I have used in the past I have always hooked up this way I never really liked looping back and forward.
Best regards
Billy
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

Ditto to what Billy said.
Marvin Born

Steel Dream connections

Post by Marvin Born »

I have connected my Steel Dream to the effects send and effects return of a Evans SE200 and it works fine. Doing that requires some adjustment of the controls to account for the increased signal levels of the effects loop. I prefer to run it that way, since I can set it on top of the amp and take less floor space and fewer wires on the floor. The adjustment range of the Steel Dream can handle both signal levels. (Pickup level or effects level)

I also have used it with a Telonics 12” mini combo. It is easier to use at the output of the volume pedal, since the Telonics has an analog audio channel straight through.

I have used it in the effect loop, but that requires the delays and reverb to be set full wet to avoid phase distortion with the dry direct through the amp and the dry/wet mix coming from the Steel Dream. The Telonics mini’s have a 9 volt power connection that can feed the Steel Dream directly. No wall wart needed.
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

Marv, I place my Benado on top of the amp too and can easily connect to it either way.

I usually run the volume pedal out cord to the Steel Dream input and use a short cord from the Benado output to the amp input. Alternatively, I could run it thru the FX loop but prefer the sound with the unit placed before the amp.
Rene Brosseau

Post by Rene Brosseau »

I've always had my distortion before the volume pedal to get full guitar output & then volume before the delay not to cut off the repeats with my Boss pedals.Not sure if this can be achieved with the Benado...
Franklin #130, Melobar Skreemer, Wechter Scheerhorn Resonator, Nashville 112, Boss DD 3 &/or Profex II
Jeff Hanson

Post by Jeff Hanson »

This is how you connect the SD to put the nutra drive before the Volume Pedal with the delay and reverb after
Jeff Hanson

Star SD-10,Fender Strat, Martin acoustic, Nashville 112, Fender DeVille