Power Pop Steel - New Tune from My Band

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jim Fogarty

Power Pop Steel - New Tune from My Band

Post by Jim Fogarty »

My band, Travel Lanes, just put a new 8 song release last week. Mostly pop and power pop, with extremely catchy songs. I'm very proud of it.

I mostly play guitar all over of it, but I managed to sneak some pedal steel on 3 tracks. This one, in particular, was a real last minute addition, when we were stuck and looking for something to add to the dreaminess and flow of the song. I stayed up super late one night, and sent them a LOT of steel, thinking they'd only mix in a wee bit......but they ended up using it all.

This is my Stage One, straight into Logic Pro X, BTW. Steel starts @ 45 secs....then comes in at the end, as well.

https://youtu.be/5T3sUtVy_nU

PS.....our own Mike Brenner also plays KILLER lap steel on one track, as well.
Jim Pollard

Post by Jim Pollard »

Sounds GREAT! Immediately had me singing along and bobbing my head. Thanks for a nice start to the morning!

Jim
Dennis Brion

Post by Dennis Brion »

Sounds more like today's country to me! Without that steel think the song would be missing a lot! Steel playing was beautiful!
1969 Custom built d10, Fender 25R practice amp,Dunlop pedal, Peavy Special 130 w/15" Blackwidow, Gretsch resonator, 41 Gibson 7 string lap steel, Epiphone flat top, 67 Epiphone Olympic
Jim Fogarty

Post by Jim Fogarty »

Hmmm.......not sure about "today's country".....there's no hip-hop beats or trucks involved!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for listening and for the nice words.
Dean Smith

Post by Dean Smith »

I like it, Jim...nice tune. Reminds me of some of the Whiskeytown stuff.
Patrick "Dean" Smith
David Mitchell

Post by David Mitchell »

Sounds a lot like the old Gram Parsons music. He was known as the father of Country Rock music. Nice tasty stuff you did on steel!
Jim Fogarty

Post by Jim Fogarty »

Thanks much guys!
Joachim Kettner

Post by Joachim Kettner »

That sounds real good, Jim. I'm glad to here that there is still great music in this world.
Fender Kingman, Sierra Crown D-10, Evans Amplifier, Soup Cube.
Jim Fogarty

Post by Jim Fogarty »

Joachim Kettner wrote:That sounds real good, Jim. I'm glad to here that there is still great music in this world.
Thanks!

Still LOTS of amazing music out there. Probably more than ever........just gotta search for it.