Rittenberry Prestige 5x5 1-3/4 body SD10 SOLD AND DELIVERED

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Atom Schmitt

Rittenberry Prestige 5x5 1-3/4 body SD10 SOLD AND DELIVERED

Post by Atom Schmitt »

Well, it pains me to do this, but the tax man cometh so I guess this guitar must, uh, goeth?

This is a killer guitar with some really interesting features. Copedent is standard Emmons with a twist or two. This guitar is also super easy to work on so if you want to set it up differently, you shouldn't need much more than a little free time and a few wrenches to do most of it unless you need new rods for something.

Anyway, it's a 1 3/4 size SD10 (figure it's a little more than halfway between the depth of an S10 and a D10), 5 pedals and 5 levers. The 5th pedal in conjunction with the LKV and LKR levers should give C6 players some familiar options to work with. Franklin pedal on the 4th pedal. BL710 pickup, coil tappable. Best part: you can fly with this one. In the case it's just a shade under 50lbs. In fact, that's about the only gigging I've actually done with it myself, just a couple fly dates while my regular guitar was in the shop. The rest of the time it's just been in my practice room.

Here are some pics and video:

Copedent:

Guitar (cat not included):

Video (this guitar through a DD5 Delay and straight into a Webb 614-E):
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2XUJdmgzDS/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2UFfr6gZVZ/
And then one through a Dual Showman/2x12 with a pair of Jensen style Jupiter speakers (one ceramic, one alnico).
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3DWTgdARyy/

I'd like to get $4000, and I am not interested in trades. Shipping would be extra, and I'd really rather not ship it, but I'm willing to deliver it up to 250 miles from Nashville.

The BEST way to get in touch with me is email - atom.schmitt at gmail.com
Last edited by Atom Schmitt on 24 Feb 2020 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gary pierce

Post by gary pierce »

Looks and sounds awesome Atom, great playing too.
john widgren

Tuna

Post by john widgren »

Are those Kluson/Gotoh tuners retrofit?
They can have a nice kinda retro sound when installed without bushings. Nice touch!
Steel Guitar Services:
Live performance and recording. Instruments, repairs and lessons. Fresh bait/discount sushi.
(203) 858-8498
widcj@hotmail.com
Atom Schmitt

Re: Tuna

Post by Atom Schmitt »

john widgren wrote:Are those Kluson/Gotoh tuners retrofit?
They can have a nice kinda retro sound when installed without bushings. Nice touch!
Actually, I think that's an old Emmons keyhead. That was a special request from the buddy of mine who had this guitar built for him. He liked the Prestige I already had better though, and I like this one better, so we traded. But I don't even remember the whole story on the keyhead beyond that.

AT ANY RATE. The guitar is sold, pending delivery. Will update once that's done and send my donation along.
Derek Puckett

Post by Derek Puckett »

This guitar and mine have Emmons keyheads, that inspired Rittenberry’s new model the Custom this guitar is 1/2 longer to accommodate the keyhead. I love the overtone the Keys with no bushings create. Rittenberry’s sound amazing,
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Very Cool....looks just like my cat.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Yes the casted Emmons key head an those tuning machines should add to the tone of this Riittenberry Prestiage.