Malwarebytes blocks Trojan but doesn't delete it

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Jack Stoner

Malwarebytes blocks Trojan but doesn't delete it

Post by Jack Stoner »

I'm getting a Malwarebytes notice that it is blocking a Trojan "spitpicapp.com" once every hour. But Malwarebytes and Windows Defender scans do not find anything.

I did a full disc image restore from a disc image (external USB connected drive) created before this problem but its still there. I also did Malwarebytes scans on other drives in my system and nothing found on them too.

I find searches for the split pic camera app, that I have never had, used or even knew it existed. I suspect the name is a spoof.

Here is the Malwarebytes screenshot:

GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Howard Parker

Post by Howard Parker »

I have not seen this specific file but experienced similar behavior a few months ago with another "trojan".

I took actions identical to yours and got identical results. Wiz suggested it was a false positive and would stop soon after a future update.

Definitions updated in a day or so and they stopped.

h
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I did another disc image restore from an earlier Macrium Reflect disc image and the problem has been resolved.

I considered posting on the Malwarebytes forum with the required data but didn't want to wait. The computer that was infected is also my recording system DAW and I have a (paid) recording sesssion tomorrow.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit