Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Quarterly Meeting!

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Peter Hart

Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Quarterly Meeting!

Post by Peter Hart »

The Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association will be having their next quarterly meeting on February 23rd. The meeting will begin at 12:00 noon and end around 5pm.
The meeting will be held at the Tiverton V.F.W post 5392, 134 Shove Street, Tiverton, Rhode Island.
This is a pot luck type of meeting so bring something to share, food, music, a lick (food or music), an intro, tab, a joke, etc...
We're going to have a good time so you might as well come down and join us!
What else would you be doing on a Sunday afternoon? Relaxing? NONSENSE!! Come on down and join the fun!
You can relax when you get back home!!
You don't want to miss it!

See you there!!
Sam White

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

I,m ready for a great time and some of the best musick your ears can hear.I will be brining my Fessident steeland and my lap steel along with my orange amp.i can not wait to have a great time again with a great bunch of gentle men. Even you Manny Escobar my good friend Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
manny escobar

25 year old Emmons

Post by manny escobar »

Hi Sam, Roger Trahan and I are going to pick up Jan Magliarditi`s double neck Emmons om Feb. 5th. I hope to bring it to the RISGA meeting Feb. 23rd. It will be a challenge since I don`t play the world standard E9. Jan wants to donate it to RISGA.
manny escobar

25 year old Emmons

Post by manny escobar »

oops
Sam White

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

That is very nice of Jan to donate Frenk Caruso Emmons Steel Guitar to R.I.S.G.A. to raffle it off to some lucky Steel Guitar Player or Fan.I would love to have it as he was a very good Friend of mine and I miss him very much.Good luck to all that donate a good offer.I,m thinking about it but who is going to haul that heavy steel around for me. Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
manny escobar

Post by manny escobar »

Hi Sam, I`m going to be FRANK with you. Frenk/Frank Caruso is STILL alive and well.The steel belonged to Jan`s late husband Pete Creslo.
manny escobar

Post by manny escobar »

oops dam computer
Sam White

sam Whi

Post by Sam White »

See you 23 rd of this munth I will be dringinr my Dynlap Lap Steel and I may leave my my Fessy home I am not sure if i will bring it.It is a lot of work to set it all up as fare as room goes. Sam White
Jim Rice

Post by Jim Rice »

We've got a couple of nice guitars showing up a the meeting so we hope everyone can make it. See the article in the Newsletter about an Emmons that Manny and Roger are bringing.

Did everyone get the newsletter? Mailed copies should be arriving soon.

Sam - if you bring your Fessy, I'm sure we'll be able to help you get set up and loaded in/out of your car.
RISGA President: GFI SD-10, 1969 Emmmons D-10, Nashville 112, Hilton pedal
Sam White

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Jim nice to head from you.i will not be bringing t he Fessy as will be bring my Dinna Lap Lap Steel.I'might make a offer on Frank Carrusos steel and it will bee on the high side.I do not know yet I have to see what the offers are.I,m thinking about Seling my Fessy but net sure Yet it is a little over a year old and I just ordered a case for it from Jerry Fesenden,See you Sunday Sam White
Sam White

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Jim nice to head from you.i will not be bringing t he Fessy as will be bring my Dinna Lap Lap Steel.I'might make a offer on Frank Carrusos steel and it will bee on the high side.I do not know yet I have to see what the offers are.I,m thinking about Seling my Fessy but net sure Yet it is a little over a year old and I just ordered a case for it from Jerry Fesenden,See you Sunday Sam White
Sam White

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

I do not heve the New Letter as of now.
Sam White
manny escobar

Pete Creslo not Frank Caruso

Post by manny escobar »

About Sunday`s meeting. I tried to find an old thread from somewhere out west, perhaps Oregon? There were TWENTY ONE players jamming/playing "Way to Survive". Maybe RISGA could do likewise. It took a while to go all the way around even though they only played 1/2 of the song. The arrangement was #1 steel started with verse/verse, #2 bridge/verse etc. Just a thought for a homework assignment, "Way to Survive" in the key of C.
Jim Rice

Post by Jim Rice »

Sam, sorry you did not receive the newsletter. I must be using the wrong address. Send me a PM with your current address and I'll send one out right away. I thought you gave me a new address a while back, but I must not have used it.

Manny - Sounds fun. Do I have to use a bar slant on the intro? If I can't play the verse maybe I can sing it!

Bring a friend!
RISGA President: GFI SD-10, 1969 Emmmons D-10, Nashville 112, Hilton pedal
manny escobar

Post by manny escobar »

Hi Jim, I would love to hear you sing it. You have a nice voice. You must be the illegitimate son of Ray Price.
manny escobar

Post by manny escobar »

The meeting, as usual, went very well. We could have gone on jamming for 4 more hours. Actually, Roger Trahan continued that long as the band "Desperado" invited RISGA players to sit in from 6-10 pm. Mark your calendar. The next quarterly meeting is May 17th. The annual show will be held on Oct. 3rd with a nice additional variety entertaining.
Sam White

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Manny and all members Anna And I will be There .We will not miss any meetings as lone as we keep our health.We are also hopping to make Manny.$ Forth of July Party we always had a great time there with Manny.See You all there also. Sam & Anna White