Cedar Creek teardrop Weissenborn copy

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Andy Willoughby

Cedar Creek teardrop Weissenborn copy

Post by Andy Willoughby »

Celtic Cross 25" Teardrop Weissenborn Copy[/b]

Beautiful handmade teardrop Weissenborn replica with solid mahogany top, back and sides. Hollow neck construction with Spalted Chestnut fingerboard and headstock overlay. Two tight 1" cracks at the butt of the back that do not appear to go through the wood. With installed pickup (I don't know the brand)

Built by Neil Russell in Victoria, BC in 2013. A padded gig bag is included.

$750 including shipping, CONUS

Other two instruments have sold.
Last edited by Andy Willoughby on 24 Feb 2020 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dan Mahoney

Post by Dan Mahoney »

If that is ser. #137 it is the guitar that Tooter made for me in 2009-10. I had him put real frets on it because at that time he was only doing fret markers. This guitar was one of the best sounding resos that I ever had, and plenty loud. I got more compliments from other dobro players on this guitar than any other, ever. I hated to sell it but I had just gotten a new Scheerhorn and knew I wouldn't be playing the Meredith much, so I sold it to a fellow player. Whoever gets this guitar will be happy and proud.
Chase Brady

Post by Chase Brady »

What is the scale length on the Remington? String spacing?
Andy Willoughby

Sorry for the delayed response. String spacing on the Remington is 2 1/2" and the scale length is 22"
Bert McIlwain

Post by Bert McIlwain »

Do you have more pictures of the Remington? Does it have a case?
Andy Willoughby

Robert - the Remington does have a case (see next to last photo). Additional photos are below:

Darryl Dunmore

Post by Darryl Dunmore »

I want to buy your Weissenborn. I've sent you a pm; I've just joined the forum, so I'm not sure I did it correctly and it went through, but I suppose you can get my email address from my profile.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson